Customer reviews

Lonely Planet Iceland (Travel Guide)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 August 2014
I bought this product for a two week trip to Iceland with my girlfriend in early June of 2014. We hadn't planned anything before we booked the holiday, we only knew that we wanted to drive around the country, camping along the way, with a longer stop in the capital Reykjavik.

This book was perfect for our trip, it helped with so much along the way, from camping to eating to activities. We wouldn't have known about a lot of the things that we did if it weren't for this book, and it was so helpful with finding campsites. The prices were accurate enough and all of the information seemed to be correct. I can't imagine what our holiday would have been like if we hadn't bought this guide!

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking into going to Iceland, but I would purchase it before booking anywhere, it may end up persuading you to stay longer!
on 16 November 2014
This guide is great if you want recommendations of where to sleep and eat, but I found it lacked detailed information on the places of interest and missed some beautiful spots which we managed to find on the internet (search for "hidden gems iceland").
on 12 April 2015
Absolutely fantastic guide book! I just got back from my trip to Iceland with fellow training geography teachers, it had so much useful information and details about Iceland. The facts are things I will definitely tell kids about on school trips but it was so useful in the way it is laid out, the language section has good little phrases and pronunciations. An incredibly useful book that was read before the trip, at the airport and with me every day out and about in Iceland! Definitely highly recommend it!
on 30 September 2016
Couldn't have gotten around Iceland without this book. Used this everywhere to arrange accommodation, find new locations and translate certain things for us. Was well written and easy to navigate. Some of the prices were wrong but I guess these can change very quickly anyway. Also had an app for Iceland but it was nowhere near as useful as this book.
on 6 September 2013
This is the high standard you expect of Lonely Planet. I found some of the comments about the night life over the top and not what I encountered.. Otherwise it was good on factual information.
on 21 January 2016
This is an okay guide with useful ideas and information for planning a trip to Reykavik. Unfortunately I can't comment on the rest of Iceland as we only stayed in the capital. We found ourselves not using the book as much as trip advisor for the city for recommendations when we got there.
on 11 June 2014
Great book and a big improvement on the Lonely Planet range, a lot more pictures and far better laid out. Highly recommended and it will be the only book you will ever need for such a trip!
on 4 June 2015
My wife is a journalist, and went to Iceland for a week as part of her work. This guidebook helped her discover the country in great detail. She told me it was excellent. I only wish I had been able to go with her!
on 5 December 2014
Ive just returned from a visit to this magical country and found this book very helpful. It gives excellent descriptions of must-see sights and routes so with a hire car this was invaluable. This book is highly recommended (as is the country).
on 3 May 2014
Wonderful ebook with interactive maps and also an option to download pdfs of maps for when you are offline, lots of good useful information and great pictures too.