on 1 August 2013
Very happy with latest member of of LP series!! Lots of excellent ideas for my forthcoming trip to the USA
on 17 April 2012
We really liked this thick-as-a-brick book. For less than 15 (delivered), this was less than a half of the price in local stores.

It has been great help when planning our USA visit. Even with Tripadvisor and other service today, having offline book that you can just browse through on the couch is nice.

I didn't find the paper quality bad. Nothing amazing, just basic paper. With this many pages, I didn't assume anything more.

For those wanting to travel to USA - and don't have yet a fixed destination - I definitely recommend this!
on 30 July 2012
I recently bought this for my iPad , having bought paper editions previously. Unfortunately it was only after I purchased it that I discovered it always crashes as soon as it is opened. I did have it functioning for about four minutes and thought it was amazing but it's never stayed on my screen for more than a few seconds since. I've also tried downloading it again but still no luck. I feel completely cheated.
on 27 June 2014
Just what my granddaughter wanted
on 21 September 2012
I am basically writing to agree with a previous reviewer. I own (a previous edition of) the print book and wanted a version for my kindle to save baggage weight. It's on my kindle now and I just can't believe there is no index by region. I'm going to California primarily and would expect to find a 'California' chapter in the contents page - but there is no contents by area as in the print book. I searched 'California' and find lots of references to it, but I want the chapter itself via the contents page; I so far haven't even found the chapter. So bizarre. I have the Netherlands Lonely Planet guide for kindle and that has the perfectly normal contents page... Hoping to get an immediate refund on this and remove it from my device - a great shame.
on 12 March 2012
I have been an avid Lonely Planet user for years and have always found their products to be accurate and of a high quality. This was the exception! The book looked like a cheap imitation copy of a Lonely Planet Guide; gone are the glossy maps and photos, gone is the beautifully printed colour coded interior! What I received looks like a book that has been left out in the sun for a couple of weeks! I'm so disappointed and will be returning it immediately.
on 15 February 2015