Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 June 2014
I'm not someone who normally writes reviews, but I felt compelled to this time as I was just so disappointed with this guide. We've been staunch Lonely Planet travellers for years, but on this occasion we ended up buying the Rough Guide as well because the Lonely Planet seemed to miss out huge chunks of content. For instance, they don't include practically the whole of the Costa La Luz (especially cool, laid back towns like Zahara de los Atunes), one of the most beautiful, unspoilt and backpacker friendly beach areas I've been to in the whole world. They miss out the Baelo Claudia Roman ruins, which are amazing (a whole Roman Town set against the backdrop of a stunning beach - which amazingly is free to visit!). And worst of all, someone decided that it would be a good idea to put the accommodation section separately in the back of the book, so that you have to spend ages flicking back and forwards to find anything. Its a feature packed region, but a content light book. For this one at least, I recommend the Rough Guide which has much more thorough content (the book is twice as thick for the same area).
on 13 February 2013
Chaotic layout, accommodation is lumped together in one thin section, not even town specific. Not a guide book of any use in the normal sense. Dull facts about restaurants and bars. Boring text.
I will try and flog it immediately
on 2 April 2013
This seems good at the outset, well laid out apart from the odd way that hotel information for each area is not where you would expect it. The recomendation on where to book train tickets in the internet is probably the worse sight I have ever tried. I've found far better one's.The worry for me is when a revised book in 2013 recomends that you catch the Eurostar from Waterloo, what else is going to be wrong?
on 7 March 2013
This is the new edition released this year. There is a lot of information in the book but it felt more like reading a history book or a description of the region rather than a practical guide that you carry with you on holiday. Very little information (atleast for us) for getting around and doing things. We have used other lonely planet guides in the past and they were okay but very disappointed with this. Don't know if this is the trend considering the increasing use of internet and perhaps sat navs as well (very little about getting to places etc.). In retrospect we realised the guide from the other popular brand was much better. We bought this as it was a newer edition - mistake.
on 20 December 2014
Bought as Kindle version while visiting Andalucia. The book struggled to load and navigation was difficult - unless you read the whole book cover to cover - dipping in and out of chapters was impossible. Do not buy this as an ebook - a waste of time. The parts I did manage to read were excellent as always from Lonely Planet.
on 5 May 2013
I usually buy Lonely Planet guides for their accuracy and simplicity, and this one about Andalucia was what I expected?
Simple, easy to read, full useful information, yet very detailed.
on 4 July 2013
I only visited Malaga city but the Lonely Planet gave me everything I wanted to search for. I stayed in an hostal in the east part of town, little visited by foreigners and more a real Spanish or Andalucian area.
on 18 February 2013
I recently downloaded the kindle edition, and it is very disappointing to say the least. The layout is as another reviewer described.."chaotic", and it is almost imopossible to quickly go to the section you need. The accommodation is lumped together, and doesnt seem to link to the town you are looking at. As other reviewers, I have used many lonely planet guides and if this had the first one I would not buy another. Am going to buy a rough guide instead in the hope it will be better.
on 18 March 2015
I cannot imagine that any town or village has been omitted from this valuable travel guide, and I anticipate my holiday there will be every bit as true as the book!
on 16 September 2014
Very informative guidebook.
Great mixture of text and images.
Brilliant maps which are very easy to read.
Highly recommended!