on 7 October 2014
As you'd expect from the Lonely Planet this guide is comprehensive and full of excellent recommendations. Splashed out on a few nights in Varna and went for all the high end recommendations and they were incredible. Would definitely recommend Divine for dinner. All in all a great book full of good recommendations.
on 23 June 2015
It got me around Romania quite nicely. However, I did find that going online was better for finding accommodation on my travels, rather than the suggestions in the book.
on 11 January 2016
Excellent comprehensive travel guide but wouldn't expect anything less from Lonely Planet. Used it to plan majority of backpacking trip around Transylvania - it was my bible. Just needed to double check opening times of places and sometimes differed. Pronunciation in the language chapter could do with a rethink as my Romanian friend (fluent in English) thought I was trying to speak Japanese and laughed when he saw how the pronunciation was written. Apart from that excellent book. Quick delivery too.
on 24 May 2017
A very disappointing guide - there is a new one out in a few months - but I couldn't wait. I needed it for Bulgaria and found it very superficial - even the maps and general information were very lacking in detail and poor. My google maps gave me more information!! I hope the new one will be much more useful to travellers.
on 15 April 2017
Cramming both Romania and Bulgaria into one book means not enough detail on either. Nothing like as informative as the Rough Guide to Bulgaria but unfortunately an up to date version of the Rough Guide was not available so I went for the Lonely Planet guide.
on 18 February 2017
Happy with item
on 6 December 2016
Easy read and sufficient for my trip
on 20 October 2015
First time using guide in e format. Not keen too awkward to use quickly. Less easy for reference.
on 9 October 2015