on 23 February 2012
I just came back from Cuba and the Lonely Planet gave us some great ideas about places to visit and activities that we could do. Great reference to find the best restaurants/hotels and completely updated.
on 23 February 2012
This book suited us well, and the pull-out map of Havana was handy as that was our first stop.
We should have bought it earlier so that we could learn more background information.
We found the right-ups to generally be fairly accurate, and benefited from a number of their suggestions
Perhaps the book should state more clearly who it is aimed at, so that when it describes an 'easy walk' us old fogies can make the necessary adjustments.
We saw lots of these books in use, in a variety of different languages
on 28 August 2012
My latest purchase on Cuba with a wealth of information, newly updated. Too easy to burden yourserlf down with too many books on portions of the country. A great book to take on tour of the whole island from where you can pick up more localised info.f
on 28 September 2013
My boyfriend and I made good use of this guide on our 2 week trip, particularly for tourist attractions throughout Cuba and restaurants in Havana. It also helped us to plan our trip so that we could visit as many cities as possible.

Cuba is a very unique country and I don't believe it would be possible for any travel guide to give a completely accurate picture of what a tourist will experience there but further information that would have helped us would have been more information about how to apply for / collect visas (we were hit with a charge for me not being present at the embassy to collect the visas).
Anyone reading the guide should also bear in mind that bus timetables are more of a guideline - buses actually leave or arrive whenever the drivers feel like, if a guide gives you any information in a museum they will expect a payment and all public WCs (including restaurants / bars and museums) have a person sitting outside who expects a tip, regardless of how clean the facilities are. The guide didn't really prepare us for any of these things
on 26 February 2013
We haven't gone yet, but this book has given us a real feel for the country, it's history and the best places to go. It's well-presented and very readable from cover to cover. The Havana map at the back is an added bonus.
on 3 June 2013
This was definitely a great trip advisor when we went to Cuba.
Great tips and up-to-date information prepared us well for every excursion in our extensive 3 week stay. It allowed us to plan our trip according to interest and provided some valuable and wonderful insights into the country and its people.
I could not imagine a better travel advisor book.
on 20 March 2012
This book is all I expected and provides a good picture of what to expect and not miss in Cuba.
on 28 March 2013
Prompt delivery thanks.This was the greatest book to buy gave me so much information before going to Cuba,just full of interesting points,very impressed with it ,still referring to it now.well written ,excellent.
on 25 October 2012
You don't need anything else when you have a lonely planet guidebook. This one for Cuba takes you street by street and tells you everything you need to know. Where to go, what to do, and all does it in a truthful manner which makes it a very genuine cuban experience!
on 22 September 2012
The book is very informative but lacks pictures and photos. I wanted to see more so I would see which places I would prefere to visit