on 20 April 2013
good guide and came in usefull every day , cant complain , could of taken a bigger guide but then you look like a real tourist!
on 7 June 2013
This is a good little guide to have with you in your handbag but do get a couple of bigger guides to read before you go as well. I also found the local neighbourhood maps and shop etc recommendations good,
on 25 September 2013
For a short break I feel the "encounter" format provides all the essentials, and fits easily in the pocket. Handy fold out map but would prefer street plans printed inside the front covers -very easy to access
on 18 February 2014
Don't know if it was my fault but the book is tiny
If you are looking for the full version look else where
But for handbag size spot on
on 11 April 2016
The MAP was missing which is a key part to the book
on 8 August 2014
Quick delivery, good product.
on 25 April 2012
The content of this book is perfectly reasonable, and we enjoyed all the attractions and restaurants we vistited. However there was an aspect of this guide we didn't enjoy so much...

The maps in this ebook are a triumph of expedience over practicality. I don't know if I should blame Amazon for the Kindle and it's inability to zoom into images, or Lonely planet for the lazy way they have worked around it.

Basically, each map is cut up into segments. These are reasonably chosen, so you can read the street names and the numbers on the attraction markers. Unfortunately, the street name you need is always on another panel, or cut in half: the Panels are not small maps in their own right, just the big map cut up with a pair of scissors! The haven't even repeated the grid markers.

The experience of finding out where an attraction is is pretty terrible too: From an attraction, you can click a link, which takes you to the right large map, but not the correct panel. The attraction entry doesn't include its number, or the grid reference, so you won't know where to find it anyway. To get that, you'll have to find the map legend. There's no link from the map to the map legend, or back the other way.

Using this guide is so incredibly frustrating that I can only assume the authors and publisher never tried. I won't be buying a travel guide for the Kindle again in a long time.
on 21 July 2014
Very disappointed. Would not have bought, if I had seen it in a shop. Whole page of photographs of locals, when space would have been better used for more information. Map quite useful, but then one can obtain these for free from tourist office.
on 29 March 2011
I took three guide books to Florence for a couple of weeks,but this was the one I used most,and found very helpful,with a decent map and good detail;the others I referred to in the evening or morning at the flat,but they were too heavy to carry around;all the essential detail you'll need,including some excellent restaurants,are in here.
8 people found this helpful
on 9 November 2011
Great guide. Planned my week in Florence from it and managed to see everything. also its small so very light to keep it on you all the time.
5 people found this helpful