on 31 January 2013
I need three things from a guide book. First it has to be small enough to carry about. Secondly it has to be comprehensive, covering a wide range of activities to suit all capabilities and desires. Finally I want to be inspired before I even set off. Clearly written by an author with a passion for the country and its people, this guide achieves all three. I don't really mind it some of the location details turn out to be inaccurate, this reflects on the dynamic nature of the nation and in a book this comprehensive there is plenty to choose from. Indeed if complete accuracy is essential to you, you need to stick to a guide that covers only the basic, well trodden tourist experiences. If you want more than the basics, this is the guide for you.
on 22 January 2013
I bought this book for a two week adventure in Bangladesh and it served me admirably. I had an excellent time, largely thanks to the wonderful suggestions and advice contained in the guide. The writing is clear and not overly lengthy, and the author's passion and excitement for the country is quite infectious. He inspires you to try things you normally wouldn't without a bit of a push.

The level of detail, the quality of the pictures and the overall presentation is top notch, just as good as other Lonely Planet guides. They've been making guides for a long time now, so I think they know what they're doing.. I always trust Lonely Planet guides when travelling and this book is a great addition to my collection
on 25 November 2013
I purchased a new edition of the Lonely Planet guide to Bangladesh as my old one was the 4th, published in 2000. I wanted the new version for a trip last January. The Dec 2012 edition has 65 pages less than the 2000 edition and much useful information has been left out. I left the new edition at home and took the old one with me. If you want a Lonely Planet guide to Bangladesh, I suggest you look for a second hand 4th Edition.
on 7 May 2013
As the title says - this is a well researched Lonely Planet and as usual, simple to use. I've used a number of travel guides over the years, and a lot of the time they are all very similar and follow the same format. The one thing that struck me whilst travelling round Bangladesh using this guide is how well researched it really is. The author had clearly spent quite a long time in the country and had obviously been to the places I had been. The prices were as close as you are going to get to being correct (as we all know the prices stipulated in travel guides are out of date as soon as the hotels/restaurants etc start to get lots of business and hike their prices up!).

I would definitely recommend this guide as your go to guide for Bangladesh. Highly informative and as is usual with the Lonely Planet guides, full of interesting facts and figures about the country... and although I didn't stick to the itinerary perfectly, the 1 month 'best of bangladesh' is a great starting point.
on 27 October 2013
I use LPs for all my armchair travelling and then usually follow up mwith trips. This looks like a good one - not too complicated but covers everything with the right balance of detail from what I can see.
on 13 November 2015
It's very old , (2012) so is it up to date , but quite slim volume , so told me what I need to know