TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 June 2011
We recently used this guide for our visit to Vancouver and found it a very good guide. It was only published in February so the information is accurate. The pull out map is very useful too and it didn't have the binding issues another similar guide I purchased had.

The city guides take a bit of getting used to as they are split into sections for each Neighbourhood and then the Eating, Sleeping, Drinking and Shopping sections are then split into sections for each neighbourhood. Once you manage to get your head round this it makes sense. There are small sections for excursions to Victoria, Whistler, Squamish, Buntzen Lake, Bowen Island and Southern Gulf Islands. These sections are small so if you intend spending time in these places and not Vancouver this book isn't for you. However, on our day trip to Victoria we did use this book and found a very good place to eat through it - somewhere we wouldn't have found otherwise.

If you are going to Vancouver and not the rest of BC then this is the book for you.
on 27 July 2012
This book was a great help during our stay at Vancouver. The list of things to do was very helpful during planning, and the different maps helped a lot too.
on 3 December 2015
A valuable tool for travel to Vancouver. As all Lonely Planet guides it does give a traveler scope to plan and explore the city. I could not find too much wrong with the information supplied, and did enjoy my visit with the help of this guide.
on 4 October 2012
This guide is packed with info and even some nice handy maps. Can tend to be a bit wordy in parts but it's not too unwieldy and can easily fit in your day bag for wandering around.
on 5 July 2014
Excellent read - great book
on 15 July 2016
Really enjoyed it.
on 26 February 2013
Very difficult to follow and loads of boring text and no photos of the place. found it out of date to.
on 16 December 2012
The maps and directions in this book are Good, as are most of the itinEraries. I'd also say That it generally served us fairly well fOr two weeks whilst we were on holiday.

My only complaint is that I think the aUThor needs to get a reality check on what he considers to be 'good' places to visit. Some OF the points of interest in the book are not interesting at all. At times we were reallY left scratching OUR heads wondering why some places were included. I'M guessing It's because certaiN neighbourhoods are short on features and he was scraping the bottom of the barrel to make a top five list. In future, lonely planet should always have more than one author per location to ensure a Degree of moderation occurs.