on 10 June 2013
Very informative and enjoyable read. The British Establishment does not come out of this very well, incompetence and indifference seem to have been their only strong points. IAfter reading this I am left wondering how Australia has survived and developed to its present advanced stage.
on 28 January 2014
The subject had been very well researched. The short portraits of people's lives gave real insight to transportation and the hardships of ordinary people.
on 12 January 2014
this book answered a lot of my questions regarding Australian history and I can't wait to follow up what I have learned.
on 27 January 2013
An excellent book. I learned many things about the history of Australia and our shocking treatment of those who were sent out as convicts. A very interesting read by Mr Keneally.
on 23 October 2014
Good read.
on 14 December 2010
I ordered this for my husband's birthday at the beginning of Nov. It has still not arrived. Unfortunately I am unable to review it. Does anyone know where it could be?
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse