on 11 June 2010
Waited ages for this book having watched Julie all the way through the Australian Masterchef and wasn't disappointed. Julie has delivered a book that is exactly how she described it would be on the program with recipies from the heart. To all those out there who have a really special best friend who likes to cook then this would make an ideal present and it is one of the nicest things that my husband has ever given me. A big thank you to Julie for reminding us about family values and the importance of friends.
on 23 July 2010
Julie's book is everything I thought it would be. Beautifully illustrated and the recipes are well within everyone's reach in terms of cooking capabilities but also the cost of the ingredients as so often recipe books are crammed full of expensive ingredients that are just not attainable for most of us. I waited a long time to get this book and it has been well worth the wait. I can't wait to start working my way through the recipes, especially the breakfasts and desserts!!
on 29 August 2010
Having watched the entire series of Masterchef Australia, I was so please when Julie beat Po and I waited and waited for this book and eventually got a copy!
As others have said, this book is exactly as Julie said it would be.
Lovely recipes which are easy to follow and not full of flannel.
Some simple ones alongside some more challenging ones and useful basic recipes for sauces and pasta.
Can't wait to start filling in my own 'family' recipes at the back.
Well worth the price tag.

Masterchef Australia is nothing like the UK version and is 100 times better! We could learn something from them!

I will also say that this year's Masterchef Australia 2010 is just as good!
So catch it is you can!!
on 10 September 2010
I started to watch masterchef Australia 2009 when it was repeated on UK Food and couldn't wait to find out who had won so googled it. I ordered the book by the winner before i saw the final elimination round to leave Julie and Po as finalists. Part of that elimination round was to pitch the concept of their cookbook, if I hadn't already ordered it, Julie's pitch was so inspirational then i would have done so then. Having owned the cookbook for less than 24 hours I have already tried two recipes with some success. It is full of great recipes that I as one of the most faddiest of eaters will be able to cook and eat. The blank chapter at the end to allow each owner or should that be trustee to enter their own favourite recipes and story reduced many (including me) to tears when the concept aired, also included is a built in wallet to take favourite cuttings. Julie Julie Julie has done Gary and George proud.
I see that the book is currently out of stock, I would recommend patience and obtain a copy.
on 24 August 2010
This is a great book and even though here in the U.K. we havent seen the finally yet. The best bit about the book is that they are commemnt about each recipes either about the person who make it or from the people who enjoyed eating it, but the best idea of all whats that you could add your only family recipes. Julia goodwin lived up to her name via the book its good and she deserve to win. I will be looking out for her in the future.

I recommend that you all get this book i would gladly give it 6* out of 5. Well done Julie what a great book my favour had to be her lemon diva cupcakes.

I herd she loauched a tv show i look forwzard to seeing it
on 16 May 2010
I cant wait to buy julies book!! I followed her on the telly and suffered the tears and tantrums right alongside them. Julies idea of the format for her book made me weep! And here it is; in hardback! so much respect to you Jules, fully believe this is the best 20quid I've ever spent.x.x.x.x.
on 29 July 2010
I have just received this book after having difficultly in getting it. It is turly amazing its everthing that Julie Goodwinn said it would be through the competion and more Well done Julie
on 12 January 2011
We loved Masterchef Australia 2009 and 2010 season was just as good. This book from the 2009 winner Julie Goodwin is so immpressive. Really down to earth and a lovely read as well as being a practical cook book. The homespun nature of the writing reflects the nature of the author and the blank pages at the end of the book for your own fave kitchen recipes etc are a simple idea done well. A triumph of a book in a market where competing offerings are very samey....this is not...its really different and a great buy.
on 12 August 2013
I bought this gift for my wife who followed the Master Chef-Australia show from start to finish. The winner (who authored the book) has put together some fantastic recipes and left a section at the back for the amateur chef to include their own recipes. My wife has already tried a number from the book (they have all been a great success) and she has also included some of her own. Highly recommended to anyone who loves cooking.
on 4 May 2013
I gave this 3 stars as the majority of things in this book are very easy, well-known family dishes that I feel most "home cooks" can already make (e.g. Spag bol). But I think if you are starting to get into cooking for the family, this is a great choice and it's beautiful too. It's also just a nice and gentle read, with lovely quotes and descriptions of the dishes. I'd have rated it higher if I had got something new out of it though.