on 8 September 2002
Colin Thompson is a genius. He has now written many children's books which appeal to adults as well as children. You can read the story and grasp the deep and meaningful bit while your kids can enjoy the pictures! Look out for Cafe Max.
on 16 October 2013
I bought this book for my nephew some years ago and always meant to get a copy for myself! Sadly it is out of print now and I had to get a second hand copy. But the copy I bought is in pristine condition. A fabulous picture book, the drawings are magical and dream-like. Very good for sparking the imagination. I recommend it.
on 31 March 2014
Such an amazing story with the most captivating illustration. I could read this book again and again and get lost in the pictures. Children enjoy it equally as much and I have produced some wonderful literacy work surrounding the book.
on 10 November 2010
This man is a genius. Beautiful, intelligent, witty, appealing to all ages, these books are revisited by my children over and over again. Both of my children (9 and 7) are excellent readers for their age but still find the stories and the illustrations entrancing. You will NOT regret buying these books.
on 6 April 2014
I used this book for a Reading Cafe at school and it went down extremely well with both the children and their parents.We looked at building heights, symmetry and patterns after we had read the book.
on 26 August 2013
Has no one noticed the huge blatent error? The Great Wall of China can't be seen from the Moon! Nothing can! Even continents are almost impossible to make out, let alone anything man made.

Apart from that it's a good book. A bit dark, and seems to be trying to turn the old Tower of Babel myth on it's head. Awesome illustrations.
on 5 October 2014
Lovely book with amazing detailed illustrations that you can return to again and again