on 7 March 2013
Good read, lots of good information for backpackers, not to big of a book, so easy to carry around. Information on transport to visa's/passports, hotels/hostels and culture. Plenty of places to go and see.
on 21 April 2009
I found this Lonely Planet Guide to be invaluable when assessing which areas to visit on our recent trip to Morocco. It represents good value for money and is a good 'one stop shop' for relevant, reasonably detailed information on the more commonly visited sites. I also found the small key phases section useful.
on 7 February 2009
Didn't quite meet my expectations. Full of generic information but does not provide the easiest of reading in the way it has been presented, in my opinion. As for price not too expensive so considered reasonable value for money. Had I known, not sure if I would have purchased in the first place.
on 24 January 2009
I am in morocco at the moment.I travelled with a rough guide 4 years ago and it was more upto date than this even now.In that it would tell you were a bus station would be moveing to etc.I wish I had it with me now.Avoid being stuck with a lonely planet.
on 19 October 2008
If you're looking for a budget orientated guidebook then this isn't it. A quick peak at the budget accomodation section of any place reveals only one or two truly budget options before prices rise exponentially and quickly threaten to overwhelm the midrange section. A typical example will be a hotel/hostel for 60Dh alongside one for 200Dh - an unlikely budget range except for those who have been in the sun too long or those who have over-indulged in their ilicit booze stash.

Having used guidebooks almost continually for the past year the number of map related mistakes in this guidebook is above average. Considering how much time you spend navigating confusing Medinas searching for a hotel, this is the one area where you want your guidebook to be accurate.

And finally, is it just me or is the cultural introduction incredibly annoying? The history section is much better written and easily absorbed despite the complexities.
on 1 September 2008
Right If your ever going to go any where use these guides, full of useful info on just about everything.
Brill fab and other superlatives.