on 20 February 2013
I was going to Japan for a 10 days trip and wanted to visit the most important places. It gives all useful information and addresses to places where you want to go. I also give some basic knowledge about the country and its people.
on 10 April 2014
Like all these guides it tends to be a bit backpacker biased but it is useful for general information on hotel and rail bookings as well as attractionns
on 6 March 2014
Excellent Travel Guide, very helpful and easy to consult. A must for any trip you want to plan. Superb destination.
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2009
This guide book gives you what you need to get the most out of your trip to Japan. Excellent information and great tips which gives you the confidence to travel around this breathtakingly beautiful country and to meet it's fantastic people. If you are looking for a travel guide that has lots of photos then this isn't for you, what you get is a breakdown of each region, and within that each city, and then places to go, shop, eat, stay, prices, etc. You also get directions as to how to get to places, maps are good. I couldn't have done without it. We used this a couple of years ago when we visited Osaka, Tokyo, Kyoto and basically the Kinki region as a whole. I found that as a family (2 adults and 16 and 18yr old) it was really useful, but i would recommend that you use this to plan in advance as well as when visiting. Lonely planet are great for lone travellers, backpackers and families, an excellent all round guide.
on 9 March 2010
I was in Japan last week and I got more help from Japaneses and from my luck than from the guide. I always found the Lonely Planet lacking in terms of accuracy. If you ever tried to follow its directions or to compare one of its maps with the real cities, well you know what I am speaking about. This time too, my experience with Kyoto and Tokyo confirmed my impression.

No, don't be fooled by the fact that you can find everywhere this guide and that they "update" it every other year. Look elsewhere.
on 14 January 2016
Served me very well on my trip.
on 12 August 2009
I'm from Poland.Travelling is my passion and till this time I was using another guides in polish.For the beginning I was afraid to buy guide in english,but from the moment when I receive LP guide I know that I will be using only this products :) this contains a lot of interesting things and usefoul information for real travellers,in nice form.The text is generally short,but concrete.I'm very glad from this product.
on 3 October 2009
I believe and always have been an admirer of Lonely Planet Guides - the format suits me perfectly but may not for all.
All guides should be usable so try one from the library before purchase. Then if you like it buy one. Reason, so you can make notes for later reference.It is also a good refernec book in itself, very concise history etc. about where you are going and what you will see
on 25 March 2010
I always choose Lonely Planet Guides for my touring holidays. I like the format and layout of the books.I find there are sufficient maps and local information for the various places that we stop at.
on 21 March 2010
My book was delivered on time and in a perfect condition. Very happy with my purchase.