on 3 January 2010
I bought this book because my Italian mother-in-law could only pass on recipes with "an onion, some garlic and a bit of hot chilli" which meant nothing to me. Afterall, how much is a bit? Whilst I have no idea if these are authentic Italian recipes I do know the ones I've used have been a hit, especially the Garlic Prawns, and most would appear to resemble the ingredients my mother-in-law would use. Her mantra is "always use fresh", whether it's tomatoes, herbs, vegetables or meat. I certainly recommend this book for those who love cooking with fresh ingredients and want to learn the basics of Italian cooking, although if you've got olive oil, garlic, chilli and salt you're half way there!
on 20 March 2011
Was shown this cook book whilst in an Italian Restaraunt in Spain took a note of the details and sourced it through Amazon as published 2002.
Easy to follow, uncomplicated and lots of good hints. So glad I found it.
on 17 March 2013
This was a xmas present , and they are very pleased. On the down side there was some writing in the inside of the book which was to the previous owner, which was annoying.
on 5 December 2015
A terrific, authentic Italian cuisine book.