on 19 July 2008
This is one of those cookbooks that is quivering with bookmarks - recipes cooked, recipes still to try. There hasn't been a dud in anything I've tried. The albondigas are better than I have had in any restaurant, the rice and stuffed squid is fantastic.

Great photos (not just of food); clear, easy to follow instructions and delicious results. This is my favourite recipe book (with Camellia Panjabi's 50 Great Indian Curries)
on 30 May 2010
If you're looking for something more than a simple cookbook, this book is perfect for you. Among a brilliant and wide selection of traditional Spanish recipies, illustrated with excellent photos, you'll find short stories describing the cultural importance of some typical ingredients, plates or culinary traditions. That's why it's much more than a typical cook book. It will not only help you to cook Spanish dishes, but will improve your knowledge about Spanish culture and culinary customs.
on 4 June 2013
This is a great book which I first picked up in a pub whilst enjoying an afternoon out with the wife, so I bought it for her. Still waiting for her to try out her hand a producing some these though I have eaten some of the dishes in Spain.
on 19 January 2014
A real gem of a book which I love, so much so that I bought one for each of my three daughters