on 31 August 2017
The back cover states 'Delicious recipes for people who are avoiding food chemicals, gluten, dairy, EGGS, nuts and soy', but the book contains recipes for egg inclusive dishes, such as meringue, egg based pancakes, baked eggs in potato, a variety of quiches, egg and chive puffs, egg roll, Asian egg salad and potato soufflé amongst others. Some of these can use a recommended egg replacement, but many can't.

The information in the first few pages about food intolerances is very helpful, but the recipes seem to be in the wrong book. I found it quite odd and a waste of money really.
on 18 August 2017
A wide variety of delicious recipes to help those with food intolerances and IBS.
on 1 May 2017
Really helpful, great book, easy to follow recipes and lots of them (given the restrictions!) Would thoroughly recommend this book to help with allergy, I am looking at this for Salicylate allergy and its one of the best I have read!
on 14 July 2015
It's a great basic primer for beginners. For me, it wasn't that helpful because I'm been studying it since the 70's when people thought I had lost my mind.
on 4 March 2006
My 14 year old daughter probably wouldn't be alive if my family doctor hadn't found out about this book and the research on which it is based, back when she was 6 months old, skinny as a rake, covered with excema and passing blood. For anyone with food sensitivities (not the same as food allergies), this is a helpful, no nonsense guide to how to construct a diet that works.
I've just now looked it up again so that I can order a copy for my daughter, as she's now old enough to understand why we still keep an eye on her diet. I'm glad to say she's thriving and fit.
on 17 November 2006
This book is genius. My husband is coeliac (gluten intolerant) plus has dairy, egg, yeast, and a whole host of other food intolerances. In short cooking can be tricky. We own many, many cookbooks and tend to only be able to use one or two recipes. I knew this recipe book was a cut above any others when I found a gluten, egg, dairy and yeast free scone recipe and importantly, it was easy, and doubley importantly, it was really rather tasty. Everything that we've made so far, in particular the baking, has been excellent, so I can only say good things about this book.
on 17 January 2007
this book is great for people with who have a salicylate sensitivity or other chemical sensitivity, or people who are on a complete elimination diet. also goo dfor gluten-free people, dairy-free etc.
on 26 April 2011
The information in the introduction was particularly helpful in deciding which products/food I could include in my husbdands diet and was very well laid out. However, the recipes were a little disappointing.
on 17 February 2017
A brief review of food allergies vs intolerances, very complete list of food chemicals present in each food, varied recipes with detailed instructions.
on 19 September 2016
The recipes in this book are mostly Gluten free so if you have intolerance to Starch or mixing Protein with Carbohydrate then its not for you.