Customer reviews

on 19 June 2007
I bought this book because it contains a recipe for Char Sui Bau (steamed bbq pork dumplings) which I like to eat and have always wanted to try and make myself, it gave clear easy to understand instructions and my mum (who is Chinese) says it is just like the real thing! It has introduced me to several new dishes as well as lots of old favourites, has stunning pictures and a glossary at the back. It also tells you how to make basics like the pancakes for crispy duck, chicken stock and that sort of thing. It has a section on dim sum, home cooking, food for special occasions and general information here and there about China and customs. I've used it so much I've broken the spine! Its a great book and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn how to cook authentic chinese food.
on 14 October 2011
I bought this years ago from a supermarket because i liked the pictures. since then i have cooked quite a few of the recipes and every single dish has turned out really well. the book pretty much runs the gamut of chinese cuisine - from simple stir fries to fiddly dim sum to roast bbq pork. highly recommended. i recently bought another copy from amazon as a gift to someone who is interested in getting into chinese food.
on 4 January 2011
Fantastic and simple cook book with recipes which genuinely surpass most takeaway and restaurant food.

If you like cooking Chinese food, this is a great book, don't be fooled by the book's low price!

I can recommend this book without reservation.
on 26 March 2007
This is a great book for those who love food! It is easy to follow and there are delicious recipes within it. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on 13 June 2015