on 5 November 2016
Love this book, so informative!
John Mcdougall is a legand. I think it is so much easier than I thought to eat healthy. Good honest simple diet. What I was looking for but just didnt know it
on 9 May 2017
I've been on this diet for four months now. I've lost a stone (14 pounds for you non-Brits), and I've never felt better. The diet makes it easy and fun to be a Vegan, and you'll feel good about not eating dead animals anymore.
on 25 April 2017
I have had two lots of cancer, prostate in 2004 and deep melanoma stage 2 in 2010.
This book is a great read, I really love this diet, eat as much as you want and lose weight.
Its no good just eating fruit and veg, need those potatoes, rice, and raw sweet corn.
The starch keeps you satisfied !
on 24 May 2017
full of info
on 1 May 2017
Great book. Everyone should be doing this diet
on 18 November 2016
My mum's been doing this for 2 and a half months strictly apart from the occasional glass of red wine. She's lost over 20 lbs in that time and brought her blood pressure down from 169/115 to 128/88 both results including her low dose blood pressure medication.

She used to be an atkins diet sucker and was unhealthy and miserable. She's thrilled I introduced her to this and says it's effortless, she loves every meal and is always satisfied. I even tell her now that she's being too strict as she doesn't have any junk food like me, but she loves what she eats. Her favourite meals are vegetables + beans in canned tomatos with seasoning, snacks bowls of spinach and capers, vegetable rice (peppers, black olive, pineapple), a banana and a coffee in the morning, stir fries, baked potatos, salads.

Just like other reviewers have said, the truth about nutrition should be taught to everyone and this book is very enlightening.
on 28 April 2015
As a long-term vegan I always worried, for health reasons rather than weight reasons, that I was eating too much starch. Everyone these days seems to be on a low-carb, high protein diet, and so carbs have become a dirty word. As a vegan it is difficult to have a low-carb diet so I was relieved that this book turned everything on its head, and did it with scientific backing.
on 16 July 2015
Very interesting and well written book. The information is very well presented and backed up with refrences. The menus are not so great if you are not from America as some of the ingredients are hard to find in the UK and some things I just can't find at all.
on 26 January 2016
Interesting book. I have been implementing many of the guidelines since a few weeks and am noticing that I'm not craving junk food like I used to. Energy seems more constant and I seem to be losing bloat.
I should add that I'm doing the start solution about 60%. I can imagine what would happen if I did it even 80% - and thats what I'm aiming for.
Realistically, I'm not one of those people that can give up meat 100 % but I certainly have found myself going off red meat (shock horror).

I wish I had known about this way of eating long ago. Highly recommend this.
on 1 January 2015
Great book by an amazing pioneer. I have been following the whole food, plant based diet recommended for six months plus now and will never go back. I feel full and satisfied after every meal, each as much as I want, when I want and have lost weight, my skin has improved and I have so much more energy. I've found Dr Mcdougall's book an inspiration and very motivational.