Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 March 2014
In a day where it's easy to be unsettled in our faith by various teachings in the church, Dr Brown has done the church a priceless service in clearly articulating the dangers of a movement that emphasise grace to the point where proportion is lost and deception is embraced. Rooting his case in both Scripture and Church History, and with characteristic humility and incisiveness, Dr Brown presents to us the gospel as it really is. This Gospel has been clung to by an army gone before us, but is strangely being departed from by so many in our generation. I pray this book gets into the right hands, and calls many back to a life of radical obedience and holiness.
on 14 October 2014
Again, a very useful and thorough presentation from Michael Brown. Gradually he opens and explores the Christian faith and what is expected from it and moreover what the Christian faith faith expects from those who claim to follow Christ Jesus.
He draws attention to how easily we can adopt a life-style, in Christian faith, that is away from the truths and doctrines laid out in the Bible. It makes no pretence of reminding the reader that because God's salvation has came to us and been accepted, it does not remove responsibility from us to live our lives prudently and disciplined... We are not in a life-style that enables us to do what we like under the misguided notion, that we are 'saved' therefore we cannot do wrong or sin. Rather the opposite is true-we should know and believe that we are accountable for our actions and shouldn't run away with the idea that God smiles on us whatever we do.This book is a healthy dose of common sense especially if we really want to obey God
on 4 April 2014
When I was first confronted with the hyper-grace teachings it left me quite confused. Dr. Brown's book cleared things up for me and answered a lot of my questions. My favorite part is that Dr. Brown constantly points towards the Scriptures as the dividing line between truth and error. The book is thorough, challenging and will make you think. I highly recommend it.
on 23 January 2014
I have been an admirer of Doctor Brown for years. This is a much needed book in today's age of easy believism / cheap grace.
on 22 August 2014
This book is a balanced well researched response to some very extreme teaching going round in the body of Christ at this time, if you are in some form of leadership in the church this is a must read,
It brings a balanced true perspective of the wonderful grace we have in Christ
on 20 June 2014
Dr Brown has critically evaluated the message of Hyper-Grace. I recognise there is a need for clarity in the message of Christ and redemption through His unselfish act of crucifixion. However, I felt the book unravelled into a critique of particular leading evangelists and by doing so I was confused. I would have preferred Dr Brown to have given detailed scripture for the the lay reader such as myself. The language became convoluted and academic the solid message that I recognise he was trying to clarify in my opinion was lost. I watch Dr Brown on the God channel and Revelation TV and find him a better speaker and easier to understand in this medium.
on 1 October 2014
This book by Michael l Brown is not an easy book to read ,but essential if you need a perspective on the message of Gods Grace,
When i first heard a message on Gods Grace many years ago it was life transforming for me personally,that same message goes out today through differant grace teachers today changing lives around the world
i agree with a lot of what dr Brown says, my own personal view though is that there is a lot of misunderstanding of the persons teachings he undermines,by taking one aspect of something that has been written or spoken by them and taking it out of context.
Great teachers of the past such as spurgion, Finney and so on have not all agreed on every point of doctrine,dr Brown mentions that in the book.
with so much deception and misunderstand going on in these last days,it is a good book to read and draw your own conclusions.
on 29 March 2014
Brown engages with the teachings of men like Joseph Prince, Clark Whitten and others in a balanced, measured fashion. He explains their teachings, shows their strengths, and exposes their dangers. A very helpful book.
on 11 February 2014
Well worth reading. Michael Brown knows the scriptures and demonstrates humility in tackling the dangers of hyper-grace in a loving way.
on 8 April 2014
I haven't finished the book yet! It is good but requires thought and reflection. I do like it. It was recommended to me by a friend.