Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 March 2014
This book looked promising but when I got my copy I have to admit to being a tad disappointed. Don't get me wrong - there are a few good tips but what is lacking is the full explanation for certain techniques. For instance, rolling up strips of fondant - without something to roll it onto this technique can result in cracked and torn fondant - so wrapping round an acrylic rolling pin, for e.g. would, in my opion, offer more help to the inexperienced cake decorator. Also there is an obvious ommission in the tools used and the resources section could offer a better guide as to what products can be obtained from the listed suppliers.
on 26 February 2014
Poor quality paper and reproduction. Even as a fairly experienced cake decorator I found some of the instructions very difficult to follow. Steps have been missed out. Recipes in "cps" which I don't like, clearly aimed at the American market. There are plenty of other books out there that are better than this. Stick to Debbie Brown!
on 1 March 2014
This is an interesting book, with some nice recipes. There are some quite nice designs and techniques. Interesting to look at, and worth having a look at - having said that it would not be my MUST have book, I have others that I treasure more.
on 19 February 2014
Ordered this book as sounded quite interesting don't be fooled ok for the beginner but if you are interested in cake decorating don't waste your money very basic designs an poor quality finishes on cakes. Returned book out of pocket due to postage
on 8 March 2015
I think the book is simple to understand. It explains techniques for cake decoration in an easy to read way. I think there is better ideas in other books for cakes but thus is a great book fir teaching the basic techniques to get you started.
on 18 March 2014
Maybe this book would be more suited to a learner of the art of cake decorating - it has very easy projects