Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 November 2012
OMG ! Loved this book - it was funny in places and made me laugh out loud but romantic and sexy too. Nick was the ultimate alpha male - didn't have some big dark secret like in some of the other books I have read just enough to explain his aversion to commitment. Alex didn't have any hangups either and was a strong and sassy character with just the right amount of innocence. I really liked the way the booked switched to telling the story from both sides (his thoughts and her thoughts) the characters were likeable and believeable. I didn't want to get to the end of this book - I felt that it could have gone on longer - I was hoping for a follow up but noted when checking that the next book the Marriage Trap is about Maggie, Alexis' friend, I haven't downloaded it yet because I can't see it being as good as this one - would really like a follow on to this one please!! The suspense was kept up all the way through with a will they wont they vibe right up to three quarters of the way through - I wanted to shout out loud "just get on with it" - but they got there in the end. A really good read - a lot of the books I have read lately have been a waste of money but this is definately a 10/10.
on 12 June 2013
I found it was an agreeable read but nothing more. If you like chick lit, you'll enjoy it but not much more. I thought it might have been too short a novel - can't tell anymore with ebooks - lacking hoops and turns in the story, very much predictable.

It would have benefited from being longer to make it more interesting and more of a struggle for the characters.
on 7 January 2013
I was unsure of what to expect with this book but having read a little about the story line I thought I would read. It surprised me and I enjoyed the book. At times I felt like shouting at the book just because of the characters and this wasn't in a bad way, but more of get yourselves sorted way but I loved it and would recommend it to read.
on 5 February 2013
If you are after a shortish romantic read this is perfect. It's well-written, has easy to love characters and has laugh-out-loud funny moments balanced with those that are heartwarming. Not to forget there is some nice steamy content. The storyline was a little predictable but who cares, this is precisely the type of book I read to escape reality.

Nick and Alexa are great characters and I warmed to them straight away. She is kind, caring, feisty and can hold her own, whilst he is ever the businessman; driven, stubborn, argumentative and rich. Plus he is gorgeous and he can cook, always a winner. Their argumentative and stubborn banter brought many of the humorous moments to the book and theirs truly was a union that I was praying had a HEA.

I shall say no more other than it is definitely worth reading and I am off now to read the next book in the series.
on 12 June 2014
Maggie has an older brother Nick Ryan, who Alexa liked growing up and one day after they kiss he becomes cold and she is heartbroken and humiliated by him. Now 13 years later after Alexa makes up a funny love potion to find a man, she ends up with Nick. They battle out a marriage contract to help both them get what they need, then the games begin. She makes him laugh and can't understand he actually wants her. She so stubborn and set to see the contract out - a marriage in name only as fully a business deal. Loved the ugly dog and some of the situations they find themselves in. Nick is a little arrogant through out the book and pleased when she stands up to him. Good, funny and sexy story that doesn't take too long to read.
on 15 June 2012
I honestly LOVED everything about this book! Funny, sexy, romantic story of two people who do everything they can to fight the chemistry between them to only fail at every turn. The plot was an escapist's dream come true. The highlight of the book were the dialogues, especially between the two main characters. It is so enjoyable when a heroine with a smart mouth can disarm a man with two words - "It was nice to see you again, Pretty Boy." I enjoyed this book immensely, might have even re-read it hoping it would last longer that way. Became a fan of the author's writing style immediately and cannot wait for Book #2.
on 6 March 2013
lovely story line .....................to dream by but then that's just me ......... its well written and has a definate flair that flows well with the storyline i loved it
on 28 November 2013
I do love a romantic story with a bit of naughtiness thrown in and if its funny - even better! this book certainly met the criteria. There is not perhaps any great depth to it, it was an easy read, but I don't care - my mark of a good book is one I can't put down (even when I know I've got to get up very early - I am pretty damn tired this morning I can tell you!) and where I want to find out what happens with the other characters in the book, which I do...so I'm off now, to start on The Marriage Trap!
on 7 April 2014
Easy read. Some really laugh out loud moments. Likeable heroine, Alexa and gorgeous but damaged hero, Nick. A bargain is struck between them but feelings change.....
Good ending and no cliffhanger, just a glimpse at the couple in the next book. ( Maggie and Michael) . I read this book because it was mentioned in Kelly Elliott's New book ' Broken Dreams' repeatedly and I'm glad I did. I do think it is expensive for a Kindle book though and that puts me off buying the others in the series.
on 26 January 2014
Not a great book, a bit too predictable but it's not too long so you don't feel like you have wasted too much of your life reading it