on 20 November 2014
I'm giving this five stars because Amy Herzog's advice about fit have been a revelation. This book took me from first measurements, through choosing the best size for my particular shape, and then through the modifications I needed to make to her basic patterns to get the best fit. Result: the first sweater I have ever made that actually fitted! I had resigned my knitting to making non-fit items like blankets, cowls and hats. Now I've expanded my repertoire to jumpers and cardies with new confidence. Amy's tips and advice are very clearly put - and with the minimum amount of maths.
Have to say that the designs in the book are not the most inspirational that you might desire, but they are designed to be easily modified and, as such, are a good starting point for a book about fit. Then the fun starts as you move on to use these concepts on other projects.
on 5 April 2017
Great book, good service, thank you.
on 6 January 2014
I am very new to knitting, but am already hitting the frustrations of knitting something that looks great on paper or in the pattern photo but then is somewhat disappointing in reality. It seemed there should be a way of making something that fit well given it was being created from scratch. This book explains the process very well and includes some lovely patterns to try. It was nice to see the models as normal size people rather than super-slim models wearing a tiny size. I have every intention not only of knitting many of the items from the book, but also using the info to make modifications to other patterns - wish me luck!!
on 7 February 2014
Amy Herzog is a lovely girl who just makes everything so clear. You can discover what your body shape is and then knit things that will actually flatter your figure! I had bought this online video course from Craftsy and wanted the patterns to go with it.
In the book you get all this how-to as well, and a great selection of modern patterns to suit all body types. I am knitting one at the moment, and the instructions are nice and clear. I have another one from this book lined up for the next project too.
Best of all, Amy shows you how to modify patterns before you knit them so that the garment will sit right on you.
If you have jumpers in your wardrobe you've made but don't wear, I've done some surgery on a couple of older jumpers I didn't really like, following Amy's shape guidance and now I do love them (see Carol Feller's Sweater Surgery on Craftsy for help in altering completed garments).
on 17 July 2014
Great book. Very thorough and helpful.
on 10 November 2013
Good selection of patterns, several flappy cards ~ great for me as I love a flappy cardi.

Talks about adding short rows for shaping and a section to identify your shape and think about what will suit you.
Good buy.
on 21 March 2013
I purchased this book after following the blog and craftsy page. I was not disappointed. The book is well written and laid out, enabling you to read the whole thing or just to pick out what s relevant to your shape. Followed by some good patterns with tips on how to adjust the patterns to suit your personal shape and size.
This book has changed the way I think about knitting and my approach to patterns, I will use it loads and would highly recommend it.
on 7 June 2014
I know that I hate taken measurements of myself but after reading this book I am going to do it and see if I can knit for myself by altering patterns very well written
on 27 February 2015
A very good book
on 15 November 2014
Wonderful book and really nice patterns