Customer reviews

on 24 July 2012
I have been listening to this audiobook whilst commuting to work when my brain is at its most receptive. I have been amazed by the way Richard Rohr has made links from Christianity to so many non-Christian approaches to the strengthening of both. I was attracted to the title given my interest in Donald Winnicott and Alice Miller who have both explored the concepts of true self and false self from psychotherapeutic perspectives. Rohr's theological explorations of the soul's transitions to and from true self and false self include ideas from many people I had previously overlooked (e.g. Etty Hillesum and Thomas Merton)or who I had read and passed by (e.g. Eckhart Tolle and Ken Wilber). He also provided some novel (to me) interpretations of Scripture starting with an inspiring exegesis of St. John's gospel. Rich in psychology and healing as well as theology Rohr's lectures reminded me of the Methodist theologian Leslie D. Weatherhead. Unlike Weatherhead however, Rohr maintains a traditional Catholic stance that will be welcomed by many 'true believers' open to some radical 'shaking of the foundations' of their faith.
on 9 January 2016
I love this teaching BUT NO OPTION TO BUY? Price is stated but no buy or download directions given except to listen to a sample . How did others down load it?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse