Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 August 2014
I'd only read the first volume before I found out about the Colossal Edition and I'm glad I decided to get it. The book is big and I like that as it feels full and that you are getting your moneys worth. The artwork look great on the bigger pages and the colour pages simply pop. I recommend to all those who love the series.
on 11 January 2016
This series was my first foray into manga and I loved it. It really is different storytelling and artwork from the Western comics and graphic novels. The story that unfolds in Attack on Titan is very enjoyable with the characters having depth and development. The art is beautiful - black and white which is common in manga given how quickly they are produced. The pages this is printed on are glossy, so it's a step up from trade paperbacks. The whole book itself is oversized so it's a really nice edition for collectors or first time readers who want to catch up on the series. I'd highly recommend it. It's been my first manga series, it won't be my last.

One minor grip I have has nothing to do with the book or story, but the packaging Amazon sent this in. It was actually quite embarrassing. This is a big, heavy book that should have been wrapped up properly and delivered in a cardboard box. Instead Amazon delivered it in a slightly bigger envelope with a thin layer of already burst bubble wrap on the inside of the envelope. Suffice to say when the book came it was pretty badly bashed, particularly at the corners and part of the front cover was completely bent back which left it creased. I sent it back and left them a complaint and to their credit they were very quick to send me out a new copy. It wasn't much better, nor was the packaging but I just kept it because I wanted to read the series. Hopefully these packaging issues have been resolved now though
on 26 April 2016
These editions are fantastic! Really nice seeing all the artwork enlarged so well. This one also has information pages about things like the scout horses and ODM gear that's super interesting. Some pages are even in colour!
on 20 September 2015
Absolutely fantastic. An intense, hardcore sci-fi dystopian world that has been invaded by humanity's "natural enemy", the Titans. This omnibus edition collects volumes 1-5 and is a massive, oversized tome. A beautiful book to add to your collection and one I'm glad to own. I prefer to read older manga in these omnibus editions as there is nothing like sitting down for an epic mass reading of several volumes at once and this volume delivers on all levels. Published in an oversized edition, the gorgeous, creepy art is maximized, each individual volume features a few full-colour pages. The paper is quality and it has a lay-flat binding. Well worth the money, especially when bought at a discount on-line. This is my first time reading the story, but it's been on my want-to-read for some time now and the availability of the omnibus edition pushed me to get started. It's a must-read for manga enthusiasts; a highly intelligent, futuristic military story. Just don't get attached to any characters as no one is safe from the author's sword; I got quite involved on an emotional level as well.
on 6 December 2015
Bought for my 13 year old son and he loved it. Just be aware that it is a big and very heavy book. My son loved it enough to suffer the weight of it in his school backpack for reading session time lol.
on 24 July 2014
Amazing collection of one of the most interesting and horrific Mangas to be released in the last decade. Printed in large format and on glossy paper, this is the way to read manga.
Although the art itself isn't initially much too look at, the cartoonist style lulls readers into a false sense of security. As Attack on Titan features a mi-rad of messed up situations, both psychological and physical that plays out unexpectedly well given the art style.
For fans of Lord of the flies, Battle Royale, Gantz and media alike, this is the one for you.
on 6 March 2015
on 6 May 2015
The paper is great quality, the price is definitely worth it!
on 23 December 2014
Only a few pages in and I'm thoroughly enjoying this manga!! The book is good quality and the story altogether is just so damn good! A good investment for any manga lover!!
on 10 July 2015
A must for AoT fans. Quality is good, story ends earlier then the TV series, but the manga is already ahead of that. Pre-ordered Colossal Edition 2 already!