Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 13 July 2014
This book is so interesting for parents, teachers or anyone interested in young children's development. As well as including over 50 creative activities it explains so much about WHY these activities are beneficial for children, what they can learn through this type of play, and left me feeling inspired to make more time to do these things, and to allow my children the freedom to think outside the box creatively. Most of the suggested activities are done with supplies that are easily found around the home. This is a great book to return to time and time again for more inspiration!
on 23 August 2014
Brilliant book for little and big hands alike. I find it a great jumping off point to get us started, and let the kids take it where they want. We have been doing a new thing each week!
on 17 August 2014
A useful practical book with interesting ideas for promoting invention in young people.
on 31 July 2014
Easy to follow and great inspiration for activities for the family.
on 3 June 2015
I really love this book.lots. It has loads of great activities but is also a fantastic read about why and how to encourage creativity in children.
on 10 January 2017
This is a great book with lots of ideas for activities for young children. It would have got a 5 star review, however it is an American book, so you have to translate some of the quantities from 'cups' to 'ml' etc. There are also some items that you can't buy in the UK any more such as Borax, which are used in several of the experiments (although you can probably find replacements to use instead, but it's not as easy as just following the instructions).
on 9 November 2014
Amazing ideas, we have loved planning loads of cool experiments and interesting outcomes!
on 31 January 2016
I love this book! It's full of ideas for creative experiments for children from art and craft, diy, to science and cooking. I love how open-ended each project is, allowing children to make their own discoveries. I set up a craft corner for my 2.5 year old daughter after reading the Tinkerlab blog and she still uses it every day now she is 3.5. Previously I used to get out her art stuff only now and then and set her up at the dining tabld but this lets her scribble and tinker whenever she likes with minimum supervision required. The book is beautifully presented, definitely a keeper.
on 17 October 2014
So far, so good. This book is really presented with some nice ideas and logical hints and tips on organising your 'tinkering' spaces. I like the interview with the pre-school teacher about creative invitations as it grounds the book in practices of those who've been trained in child development. It also inspires parents to be creative about aiding childrens' experimentation, which is far more exciting than just getting the crayons out on a rainy day.. Th guidance on how to facilitate their processes through the right questioning techniques is also very useful. I haven't quite made it to the end yet, but so far the book resonates with design thinking and innovation practices which are so important for the world we live in today.
on 15 March 2016
My book arrived lat week and I cannot out it down. Brings so much positive energy to our team. The suggestions are simple to implement without too much cost.