5,257

on 25 April 2017
My first Liane Moriarty book but I don't intend it being my last. I have already downloaded another three. This is a lovely book. The characters are interesting. The so called "secret" is not the point of the story and the author allows you to guess what the secret is a few chapters before your guess is confirmed. The point of the book is, I think a comment made by one of the characters, about letting go of ego and not seeing everything in terms of black and white, being "bendy." It's a novel about the way people act and react, the latter not always wise but understandable. I ended up having to keep reading until I finished and knowing that I had "found" another author, always a joy!
on 6 April 2017
Apart for the copious errors - shame on you Penguin - this is the best book I have read so far this year. It's a book I will read over and over again. Literally can't put it down. Lots of characters to follow but stick with it - their stories and lives are all interlinked - just like real life I suppose.
on 10 April 2017
What started out as a fairly conventional chick lit turned into a thoroughly gripping story that had me completing the book In two days while on vacation. Nice twists and believable characters. Definitely her best novel.
on 12 May 2017
I have finished this book in record time. I couldn't put it down. The first I've read of this author and I have just ordered another. Well done Liane Moriarty. Excellent story. You have a new fan
on 26 April 2017
Loved it. Already a fan of Liane Moriaty, this one seemed to have passed me by. Great twists, with some that you really don't see coming. You really feel for the main characters. Would recommend
on 16 May 2017
Great story, better than expected, I'm definitely a fan of liane moriarty.
on 9 April 2017
Once in a while you come across a book that you just don't want to end. Excellent. Great storyline ... and of course you would open the envelope! Wasn't the secret I was second guessing though!!!
on 21 September 2016
Was glad when I actually finished this book after 6 months. The story started off good the first few chapters but then I just found it a drag and I had to force myself to finish this book. I wouldn't recommend this book.
on 9 May 2017
I love Liane Moriarty's writing style. It is like she really understands people. I have read Big, little lies too and loved that just as much.
on 5 May 2017
A really gripping read. Interesting twists and turns throughout the book. I really enjoyed reading this book. Recommended reading for all.