Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 August 2013
It does not contain the entire text, only selected parts. And in my car stereo I can't hear the voices of the black riders. Why isn't there a proper audiobook on MP3 CD in english where one person reads the entire text including the appendices. Someone ought to make one!
44 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2017
Really great dramatisation of a classic fantasy. I found I did not want it to finish. I love the story.
on 21 January 2015
It's a shame, but the actors voices in this make me want to kill the hobbits myself, I have complete empathy with golem in this telling of the Lord of the rings! We looked forward to this cd so much this has always been one of my favourite books and I was hoping that my children and I could enjoy this story together on car journeys, however, it winds me so much I can't bare to listen to it, even the children think the voices sound silly! I'm afraid I shall be looking for another version, this ones going to a charity shop... With a warning label on it!
on 2 March 2015
Bought expecting an audiobook for my partner and was thoroughly disappointed. Having it collected tomorrow to have a full refund - very misleading title and shouldn't have appeared under the audiobook search I imputted.
on 21 September 2012
Automatically assumed this to be the wonderful audio version of Tolkien's masterpiece as broadcast on BBC-unfortunately this is the Americanised version which grates on every nerve and I would imagine Tolkien with his love of language would be turning in his grave-only managed to bear 5 minutes of this before chucking in the bin !
11 Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2012
Nothing wrong with the product itself it was delivered quickly and arrived in perfect condition I just cant listen to lord of the rings read with an american accent I threw it in the bin after three minutes.
on 4 December 2014