Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 April 2012
This author is one to look out for and I welcome more stories from the Phoenix pack. The story has romance, action, hot sexual scenes and non stop page turning. Could not put my kindle down. Also its nice to purchase a book for a low price and be extremely surprised by content and it being well written.

The main characters are Trey a feral wolf and Taryn a latent werewolf (unable to turn into a full bred wolf) Taryn is being forced to mate with Roscoe by her alpha father. Everyone believes Roscoe is cute and Mr Smooth - behind close doors he is a very evil wolf towards female wolves whom have any backbone I.e. Taryn and has his own plan in ensuring she is submissive by breaking her spirit by any means necessary. The story begins to unfolds when she is drugged and kidnapped by Trey's enforcers and brought to his modern caves and it is definitely not love at first sight but blatant lust which both initally ignore. He offers her a deal she will not be able to refuse and the action begins......

I have downloaded Rags and Here be sexist vampires and reviews I have read are all very positive and high ratings. Check this author out you will not be disappointed. Well done SW you now have a new fan.
on 9 September 2012
This is the third book I have read of Suzanne Wrights and I have enjoyed the other 2 enormously. This one I had huge hopes for especially since both the main female and male character were strong, well crafted and very funny. You sympathised with both their back stories and why they acted the way they did without yelling at the book. Their interactions wern't corny and the bedroom scenes were amusing and steamy enough to protray the passion between the lovers. UNTIL!!!!! SPOILER!

I thought the book was totally ruined and is still leaving me annoyed was the totally random group orgy towards the end of the book. I thought it was really hypocritcal of the characters of Trey (especially)and Taryn. The book implied up until that point, that once you were mated, the bed hopping stopped. Later proved by Trey not being able stand another male scent on her or near her for that matter. He was jealous of Tao and hated their nearness and that of her uncle's- possiveness in overload, they were mated understood! But then he welcomes his Beta and his henchman into their bedroom to be involved in some kind of orgy with rules. Following the same logic in the book, no way would Trey have allowed his Beta and henchman to touch her like that and basically treat her like a piece of meat or a reward package since they had been so loyal. That group orgy scene was not partaking in her exhibitionist side as Taryn was thinking to herself. The exhibitionist parts were after the mating ceremony and in the woods by the lake when Tao watched- those scenes made sense. Trey was showing to the pack that she was his- his alone and they were a mated pair of Alphas.
The prinples and rules set by Trey at the orgy were ridiculous and totally out of sync with the book (his Alpha wolf should have been going mental- no one touched his mate that way unless it was him) and Taryn character as Alpha female wolf would never have agreed to that. The group watching possibly (unlikely in the context) but not joining in. The beauty of her and Trey love making scenes was the fact that they slowly learned to trust each other and she finally let down all her walls and submitted to her mates Alpha wolf. Her Alpha wolf would never have allowed herself to be used in such a manner- Trey rules included. Wolves dont share their mates, it is strongly implied in the book as well as being fact since they are one of the few mammels that mate for life.
The scene didnt make sense, it was weird and made me feel a little sick the fact that it kind of ruined all the flow of a good book. Even the ending though a bit predictable was enjoyable. Those several pages should have been omitted they were not needed and felt like they were added in as a 'what the hell moment.' It would have made more sense in the 'Here be Sexist Vampire' book.
on 18 March 2012
i LOVE this book! a great shifter romance packed with action inside and outside the bedroom ;) with brilliant sarcastic humour. taryn and greta made me wet myself laughing. a brilliant storyline that was a good length and kept me wanting to know what happened nxt. i love all the characters would be great to read about the rest of the pack. definately belongs in my top five books list!
on 1 April 2012
This book was a nice long read, well worth the price. Taryn's one liners had me laughing out loud, the sex scenes were well written and not cringe worthy apart from the menage scene that I just didn't get or see the point of. I loved the plot, the pace was fast and entertaining and I am truly gutted that the story ended, it needed an epilogue regarding the Alpha pair, can't say anymore without spoilers but selfishly I wanted it to go on and on. Where's book two ?????????? I need MORE :O)
on 29 November 2012
Taryn is a feisty little latent shifter - in other words her wolf cannot come out. She's been ignored by her father most of her life and now her father is about to force mate her with a male so that he can better clan connections. One day she is kidnapped by the Phoenix Pack, led by Trey Coleman, who's wolf has been known to go rabid without much provocation. However, Taryn's wolf likes Trey and they make a bargain to mate, but not bond. The development of their relationship is hilarious. Throw in an evil grandmother and a couple of Barbie doll wannabees who try to challenge Taryn and you have a really enjoyable story. I get the impression Wright is a bit of a Londoner when she writes "seen" instead of "seeing as" - slightly odd given this book takes place in the US (it was fine in Here be Sexist Vampires because the heroine was a cockney), and some other words used I had to stop and think for a bit. However, it doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment. I would love to see a sequel to this.
on 5 April 2012
wow o wow what a great read, mind blowing, love the story line, there were some really funny bits in that might try myself lol best bit in the book was the funny comments between greta and taryn :D
on 3 January 2016
★Review★

You know when you read a book that is so perfectly satisfyingly good your soul just sighs.....?

Well, that was this book.

To say I loved it is an understatement.

I adored the heroine, I made so many notes on my kindle of her dialogue. She is by far one of my favourite ever, if not THE favourite heroine ever. She was funny, strong and just downright awesome.

And Trey was almost as equally as awesome. And together - sublime.

I loved the world the author has developed here, and how she has made seem fresh a quite frankly overdone genre.

Taryn and Trey both had their own issues and vulnerabilities to overcome, and their story to a HEA is not easy at times. But it was an exciting read, and there was not one moment where I skipped ahead or my attention was lost.

This book is hot, funny, exciting and above all made me happy.

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - 1st in the series.
Love triangle? - No
Cheating? - No
HEA? - Yes
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5 plus stars
on 2 May 2015
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars.

I did this backwards and this if the first book I read in the series. Considering it's the fourth one in the Phoenix Pack series that she's released, it actually reads quite well as a stand alone. I didn't feel like I needed to read the first three in order to truly appreciate the book, which definitely helped it's rating in my book.

Okay, let's get this started.

My mum likes to call Paranormal Romances my guilty pleasure reads. I don't. I don't see why I should feel guilty about reading something that makes me happy. This book made me happy, and I see no shame in that.

This book follows a pretty standard PNR formula: Two emotionally scarred people fall deeply in lust with each other; he's a super alpha male with a possessive nature that would result in a restraining order if he were a real person. She is a super sassy, independent woman that don't need no man, but really she does because she's just hurting inside and scared of commitment. Add into the mix the 'other woman' who's trying to cause trouble, interfering friends and family of all kinds, and a vague plot against the shifters that forces them to work together.

There's nothing new here. If you read PNR then you've seen it before. But it's books like these are the reason we read PNR. Let's be honest here; if a guy tried to pin you down and mount you all the while biting and scratching you and growing out the word 'Mine', he'd soon find himself in front of a judge being charged with all kinds of assault. But there's still that little part of you way deep down that finds it kinda hot - so we read about it instead. In the book it is part of a culture where not only is it accepted, but it's expected but, ultimately, it's not real. We're grown women (haha! yeah right) and we know this isn't healthy or acceptable, but books like these allow us to get it out of our system.

I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down. The relationship between Marcus and Roni is hot. What starts out as two people looking to scratch their itch quickly develops into something more and Wright does it .. well .. right. She doesn't force their feelings on them too quickly - this isn't Insta-Love but the jealousy and emotion is correct to what you would expect to be feeling in that situation yourself. The writing might not be of the highest quality and often clichéd, but its easy to read and very fun.

This book has pretty much everything you're looking for in a PNR: action, humour, sassy banter, angst, sexual tension too thick to cut with the sharpest of knives ... definitely worth the read.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
on 14 February 2013
This book really is a must for anyone who has fantasies about werewolves. Suzanne Wright has done a great job of writing it.

Our lead Female Taryn is a latent shifter (she cant turn into a wolf) which is extremely embarrasing for her Alpha Father. Her father has arranged a marriage with another alpha, who is sick and twisted and Taryn would rather find ANY way out than mate with him.

Our lead male Trey is Alpha of the Phoenix Pack. He is known to be a feral wolf, meaning that once the anger takes him over its almost impossible for him to stop... even when the target is dead.

They decide to work together in order to get what they both want (for Trey it's an alliance, for Taryn, its out of the arranged mating) but little do they know that fate has its own plan...

The story is filled with twists and turns, and the leads are also very attracted to each other, although neither will admit it to the other. Once they give in there is plenty of hot sexy scenes, including a seriously heated group scene!!! Werewolves do like to share...

Definately a book I will read again - you should read it too...
on 23 May 2012
Quite often when you read a self published book, there are a lot of mistakes, the story doesn't flow and you end up being disappointed! Thankfully this book is not in that catergory. The lead female character is sarcastic, vulnerable, tenacious, deep, very funny and athletic (particularly in the bedroom), the lead male is dominant, serious, again very athletic in the bedroom and has had a very tough life. When they get together there are fireworks! Too many times I have started reading books that have strong females at the outset and then as soon as they meet their partner, turn into quivering, submissive idiots and it ruins the book. Taryn thankfully has a very strong personality throughout and you know that she will never compromise her thinking or actions. The bedroom scenes are very graphic and not for the faint hearted, but somehow they seem right in the context of the book (though they can end up making you feeling inadequate). I particularly loved her interactions with Trey's grandmother. Describing this book as fantasy is doing it an injustice, it is so much more than that, its funny, not just chic lit, as far removed from a typical romance novel that you could get, its Mills & Boons for the 21st century with sex portrayed in great detail. It makes you squirm and I would suggest that you don't read it in public as people will want to know why you are blushing or squirming in your seat! Read it you won't be disappointed.