Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 July 2010
This is a fantastic book about Karate for both children and adults!!!Its excellent value for money!! I have 2 children aged 8 and 5 my oldest is doing very well in karate and loves the book and my youngest who really isnt interested karate also loves the book!!

Here is a review from my 8yr old son Kieran...

I think this book is really FAB! It Help me understand karate and it helps me learn more about karate.
Thank you Sensei for giving us this book. Kieran and Jay.
on 25 October 2010
At only 160 pages this may appear quite an expensive book, especially one designed specifically with children in mind, but the wealth of information it contains inside makes it a worthy purchase. The text is usefully larger & with double line spacing should help make it easier for younger karate-ka to read, but with only 4 coloured hand drawn pictures it may loose some attraction for smaller readers, unlike a couple of other karate books for children on the market.

However, the chapters are nicely varied in size from one to a few pages thus making it more manageable & interesting to absorb the material.

The title IS wholly appropriate though as it really does deal with the history of karate quite comprehensively with many stories of its origins that can't be found all in the same place in similar books.

What will be of interest I know are some of the stories about some of the exploits of some of our more recent karate masters, namely Matsumura & Itosu which are both funny & illuminating.

All in all a well written book & nice & easy to read.

Measuring approx 180x250 it is a fairly large format for little hands.