Customer reviews

on 27 September 2016
Fascinating, as all of Kent Nerburn's books in this series! For those who are interested in American Native spiritual category books this one is highly recommendable! Nerburn has such a brilliant style of story-telling that his books are always difficult to put down right till the end!
on 14 January 2015
This is the third in the 'Neither Wolf Nor Dog' story line. Wow..... I am so glad I discovered these two books years after I read Neither Wolf Nor Dog. It has continued to help me in my journey of how I describe, 'Red Heart, White Mind'. Kent Nerburn - thank you for sharing your life with me, the Elders and 'animals' who shared it with you and for writing what you do. A true rare gift you are to us.
on 8 April 2016
I love this book and have read it many times, it gives a realistic, heart warming and poignant perspective of Native American Indians and their life now and also glimpses from the past through the experiences & knowledge of a native American known as Dan with added perspective and balance from the author Kent Nerburn.
on 4 September 2017
This is the third book in the trilogy sadly I have almost finished reading it,I have enjoyed reading about all the characters Dan the elder,Wenonah his granddaughter,Jumbo,Grover and little Zi so much I have been limiting myself to a couple of chapters per day because I dont want it to end...I want more!.
on 5 June 2017
The final book in a trilogy that has made me think more than any other time in my life......over six decades so far!
on 12 April 2017
A lovely book
VINE VOICEon 31 January 2014
This is the third book to conclude the trilogy. Previously Kent Nerburn was tasked with helping a Dakota elder find what happened to the elder’s missing sister, Yellow Bird.

The basic question was solved. Now he realizes that this brought up other questions that were not solved as part of the disappearance of the sister. He is forced by unwanted dreams to pursue the answers.

Kent Nerburn is a good writer that can carry you into the complex Dakota world of thoughts and beliefs.
on 17 September 2017
Beautiful, just perfect.
on 9 February 2014
This was the third in a series by Kent Nerburn.
I got it after having read the other two. I love his way of writing with
human understanding & humour often at his own expense.
It is though provoking and for anyone with an interest in the North
American Indian philosophy & their way of looking at the world I
would thoroughly recommend it!
on 25 September 2014
excellent book. Fantastic insight into Native American way of life, really grips you