on 17 May 2012
It is great!It is amazing! The story and the facts rules! And i loved it. Overall it is super.
Premjyot, age 8.
on 9 December 2007
My 10 year old read this quicker and with more enthusiasm than most of his previous books. A great page turner and educational as well. What more could you want?
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 September 2011
SAFE READING - NO SPOILERS

This is an excellent book; it will be enjoyed by adults as well as children and I recommend it for nine year-olds upwards (although if it is read to children, younger would appreciate it because adult readers can edit as they read).
The scientific information is interesting, informative and detailed, all embedded in an enjoyable story which will carry children along while, at the same time, "educating" them; with Stephen Hawking and Christopher Galford (PhD), a former research student of Hawking, checking and writing, there could be no better guides. With Lucy Hawking (I suspect) leading the narrative, it seems an ideal team. The photographs and science-boxes can be read separately or as part of the narrative.
I have always enjoyed Stephen Hawking's work and his acute, keen sense of humour; he is an inspiration as well as an excellent teacher.
Recommended.

PS I suggest strongly that adults read it first and prepare for the plethora of questions thinking children will ask.
on 5 January 2011
Wow!I got this book for Christmas and after i read it I was thrilled with it.It is one of the best books I ever read.It tells you millions of facts about space.It also shows you beatiful pictures of the planets.
on 27 January 2010
An extremely original concept that will appeal to everyone and taught me quite a bit, as well as having a plot that children will enjoy (and a wocked teacher!)

Five stars well deserved.
on 26 January 2014
This book was given as a present to a 7 year old who provided the following review:
"I like books because I can read them almost all the time. I also like books because I can read them in bed and they help me go to sleep. This book is a great way to learn more about our universe and I especially found it funny when Eric came out of a black hole with someone else's glasses!."
Abbas age:7
on 8 January 2015
This is a great read just as an adventure story, but with the added bonus of informative inserts about the solar system and beautiful photography of planets and stars. Ideal for older primary school children with even a passing interest in space (which is probably all of them!).
on 3 January 2017
Bought this for my grandson as he had shown an inclination to read for himself as well as a grown up reading to him at bedtime. He devoured it and loved it! He read the whole book in a matter of days. His dad remarked that instead of him appearing at 6.30am he would just lie in bed reading it before getting up to go to school. I just had to buy the whole series for him, one after the other! Great stories and fabulous colour plates of the universe. By the way,I know it says this is recommended for ages 9-11, but my grandson is 7 years old and coped with it no problem. Would not hesitate to buy any more books in the series should they appear. Highly recommend.
on 26 May 2010
My Son is 6 and space mad. He will usually only read non-fiction books so George has been such a fantastic change for me at bedtime. We have now read this book 3 times and counting...
on 9 March 2014
Fast paced, gripping, exciting and interesting, one of the best. I could not put it down or even take my eyes off it. A good book for people who love science and fiction. MUST READ!!!!