‘The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone’ prepared by Deborah Madison is a new edition of popular vegetarian cookbook that is often taken as the benchmark in this kind of cooking, which for this occasion was complemented by a number of new recipes and additional content.

The vegetarian diet, although usually perceived as willing decision of particular person, is often motivated by health reasons, prevention or necessary need. And I some time ago found myself in a similar situation when I literally overnight had to change my life, especially food I eat which has previously been dominated by meat, especially fried. So I was forced to seek help on Internet and diet books on this topic which are widespread in the market, not always the best quality. But very quickly someone mentioned one particular good book - Deborah Madison’s ‘Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone’ that although released almost 20 years ago is still an endless source of great tips and recipes in which ever since I enjoy.

So when I heard that a new release is coming out that immediately attracted my attention - what I've seen so far, this is definitely a book that is worth the purchase if you have previously used the old edition, and especially if you've never had the pleasure to own this great book.

All the original material is still inside, while the book was expanded with the additional 200 recipes, but equally important, both for old and new recipes the way they are showed is changed what make recipes now presented in 2 columns more convenient to read. Therefore it also had an impact on the number of pages and though the book was expanded with new materials it has fewer pages, so it is easier to handle and use in the kitchen

I am glad that the author stayed at the position that content of the book is much more important than turning it into a colorful picture book; this book that is not full of pictures will be especially appreciated by those who truly cook, not admire the colorful pictures of food for which is often difficult in practice to manage look like in the pictures.

Much could be written about this book, and yet do injustice to those things that would not be mentioned because the author managed to make a balanced manual for the best vegetarian cuisine can offer, a book that non-vegetarians can also easily use.

Therefore, besides the great recommendation for this new version of Deborah Madison book, I certainly suggest that if you would not decide to buy this one certainly try to find older edition whose price will now surely decline.
on 12 October 2014
A detailed and thorough book for the vegetarian cook, starting with the basics, tools and equipment, and lists of allowed foodstuffs and how to use them. Its nineteen chapters give a huge and varied range of recipes, and I found the chapter on sauces particularly useful. This book does not have illustrations, but for me that's not a negative - often a cookbook seems to have lavish photographs at the expense of actual recipes. I would recommend this to cooks of all levels.

Reviewed in exchange for a preview Kindle copy.
on 26 March 2015
A Very good and well designed book that will I am sure become a clasic. I particularly like the way the index gives individual vegetables so that you can easily find a reciept for what you have in the fridge.
on 25 November 2015
Borrowed the Greens cookbook from the libray and have since bought that and this one
on 31 July 2014
Loads of recipes, but no pictures to back them up. If you don't mind not having pictures this is a good book.
on 5 September 2014
I LOVE this book, it's the best vegetarian cookbook I've ever come across!
on 4 January 2015
very good loads of info for new Veggie