on 13 March 2013
This book it lovely. Beautiful photos, lots of really good explanation of processes and ingredients and lots of recipes. The only downside is that is an American book by an American author. All measurements are in cups and gallons, which can be converted. What is a real shame is that the suppliers list is obviously a US one and it would be lovely to have UK suppliers listed.
That said it is a book I would recommend for anyone who wants to get into the nitty gritty of making hard cheese at home, it's like returning to the science lab at school!
on 3 August 2013
Learning
I also have Paul Peacocks book which is very good too - I think you need that one first to get the basics going then I use this to advance. Im combining ideas from both now. Its good to have different perspective too.
As a Book
It beautiful - great quality pictures, pages, etc.. in this respect it knocks Pauls (still very good book) - into the corner. Pauls is of course priced appropriately and I think of the two - for the beginner its very important.
Highly recommended.
on 10 January 2013
I bought this as a gift for our daughter-in-law, but I had a sneaky look at it before I wrapped it and it looked fantastic. It was also very well received and I know it will be well-used. I'm just looking forward to sampling the cheeses now. Would certainly recommend it to anyone serious about making a variety of cheeses.
on 30 September 2014
present for my husband - not as many receipies as he was expecting
on 16 November 2013
Lovely looking book, some excellent recipes. It was bought as a present so I didn't spend ages leafing through its crisp, clean, beautifully printed pages. My friend seemed to be very pleased (though we are yet to try any homemade cheese from her :( ).
on 16 September 2013
Excellent book for reference and a good read on cheese making, however now need a hard copy as I think I prefer my reference books to be a book -
on 25 September 2013
This book Is layer out beautifully and easy to follow. There is a good foreword, pictures for the cheeses and a great recipe repertoire.
on 14 January 2015
A useful addition to anyone's library if you are interested in making cheeses. Deals mainly with mainstream cheese types.
on 23 March 2016
Lots of lovely recipes. I am going to enjoy this. Beautiful book with lovely photographs and clear instructions.
on 28 May 2013
Glad to receive this as a useful tool in the new found hobby. It brings lots of help, tips and experience