on 17 March 2017
Such a great read. The artwork is sharp and crisp, the different supernatural elements all go well together and it never feels too unrealistic or forced. Can't wait to read the next volume.
on 10 January 2013
This is not "the new WALKING DEAD", thank god. Dont get me wrong, i LOVE the walking dead, and most other things that are zombie related, but this isnt about zombies. Revival is about the dead coming back to life, but they are far from zombies. To tell you anymore would ruin a great read. I took a punt on this, and now i have found a new book that will fill the void that the end of THE BOYS has left in my life. great story, great art, great recommendation from AMAZON.
on 26 December 2012
This title was a definite surprise when released in single issues and swept off the shelf after its success.

If your into the walking dead this is a definite twist to "the dead not dying" and the art sets the tone well for the story catching the atmosphere with the mystery like narrative.

Spooky, Mysterious and Well Presented. A definite purchase for any reader looking to delve into a great book.
on 3 March 2014
Revival is another image comic series that deals with the dead returning to life. Unlike The Walking Dead this series takes a completely different tack and at least tries to do something interesting a familiar theme.

Instead of the familiar shambling zombie hordes, the returned dead here look and act like normal people, for the most part that is. We see what happens to one small American town were the dead won't stay dead, the town is isolated with roadblocks all around making this story more focused on a small group.

We follow the towns deputy struggling to deal with this new reality. This reminds me most of the series 'Le Revenants' both the small towns population and the recently returned dead are dealing in different ways with why this phenomenon is happening. Nothing is fully explained here in the 1st volume, its more about the fallout. It's interesting to see this play out in the small scale rather than the usual global zombie outbreak scenarios.

I'd recommend this series as one to keep an eye on, the art style is sharp and the writing shows promise it could throw up a few surprises along the way.
on 5 February 2014
Really likes this one. Like most first graphic novels the 1st issue is mainly story and character building but it really got me gripped. I like the artwork and the new spin on the dead coming back to life. While I love a zombie story it's nice to see something a bit different. Also has something ghostly going on and looking forward to see where that's going. All in all this could go either way for me but I certainly enjoyed the first issue. Issue two ordered now.
on 10 December 2013
Hurray more zombies to get interested in! But this isn't your typical zombie brain eating story. Stunning visuals and and engrossing story makes this a brilliant page Turner. I am now waiting anxiously for part 3
on 8 November 2013
took a chance on this, really enjoyed it. Don't buy it if you're expecting it to be the new walking dead, this is something different (good in its own rights)... coming back for book 2!
on 16 November 2013
Revival is a great book to read and relax. It begins with a movie-like mystery, the enviroment is beatifully animated and character designs are good. I will follow this series.
on 13 June 2013
As the first volume in a series, this did a reasonable job of character introduction and the longer running story arcs. Enough that I'll get the next one.
on 31 March 2013
Two things attracted me to this new comic: the artwork was reminiscent of Cleaners which I enjoyed very much and it's a zombie comic. As a huge fan of The Walking Dead before it became an awesome TV series, I did wonder if I could stomach another zombie comic but c'mon...there's always room for a good zombie story.

The difference here is that there is a supernatural element and when the dead come back to life, they come back as your loved ones - not brain dead, drooling, rotting cadavers with the spark of who they once were long gone - your actual loved ones...only they're dead.

While I did enjoy this comic, I am not sure where the writers are going to go with the supernatural element and I have my doubts about whether I'll like it. But for now I'll stick with it as it's an intriguing idea - dead people, zombies, but recognisably your family.