Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 July 2013
I like the book because the examples are inspiring and atrractive. The "how-to" 's are explained with good photographs in an understandable way. The explanation meets my expectations.
on 2 May 2013
I saw this at a friend's house today and it's so full of good things I'm buying it. Nice job Sherill! I liked the bit on using the gel plate too as I have one! Also, the shaving of a pastel was innovative too. Gorgeous just gorgeous finished pieces.... Can't wait til the dancing postman brings it to my door!
on 8 October 2014
I have taken classes with Sherrill years ago in UK. I love her sense of fun with colour, texture. fabric and paint and so much more..I have a passion for colour and texture and this latest book of her techniques once again enhanced my current mixed media art projects.
on 7 April 2013
This book gives so much inspiration I may just have to buy the hard copy. Beautiful photos and plenty of ideas to try.
on 28 December 2013
I bought this for my kindle which is great as I have so many books the bookshelf is groaning! The book is well written, loads of illustrations and great guidance on achieving the results. I have every intention on working my way through the different projects as love the mixed media results of Sherrill. A really useful reference book with plenty of inspiration.
on 17 July 2013
Some very exciting ideas for mixed media. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is that some of the materials you need to carry out some of the techniques are not readily available in the UK.
on 21 September 2013
The book contains some interesting techniques but without colour it is like food without seasoning; bland and lacking in visual detail' very frustrating! The inability to flick between pages for referencing makes the Kindle edition difficult to use.For me this was a waste of money a paper back version would be more user friendly.The rating reflects the kindle version rather than the actual content for which I would have given 4 stars. Pat Jones
on 15 October 2013
This book has masses of new, exciting and interesting techniques to explore. New ways to use or combine materials challenge the creative mind and if you want to add to your skills and originality this book will suit you. Offering techniques to suit those who work in both paper and textiles is a bonus. Clear step by step illustrations throughout and plenty of scope for you to get excellent sketchbook experiments to develop into original finished work. This book is definitely worth the money!
on 11 May 2015
I made the mistake of purchasing the book in Kindle format ,not suitable for a craft book! Apart from the format being too small I can't turn pages back and forth to follow up ideas. This is my second book by Sherrill Kahn. I enjoy her use of colour but find the some of the techniques very basic and not sufficiently developed so I think it would be more suitable for anyone new to mixed media wanting to experiment with different materials.
on 18 December 2013
Really clear photos of inspiring work that make you want to jump right in and start playing. A great book for City and Guilds textiles course students.