Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 May 2012
i read the first Rhiannon book and was hooked, luckily book two was already out and i devoured it eagerly. Rhiannon had done a deal with a demon- seemed simple but demons are devious and she has been plunged 101 years forward into a nightmare future where she meets some old freinds and learns devastating news about others, vampires rule, humans are just slaves/food and werewolves are reality not myth..... Along the way to trying to put things right she gets taken in by a renegade group of werewolves fighting the vampires and their leader wants Rhiannon for himself. The usual battles follow where she tries to escape and get back to the past hindered by those who want to keep her in the future. A real shock at the end which made me cry it was so emotive and thankfully there was a preview of book three that leads me to beleive her and disco may finally be ok.. oh i hope so - he's a lovely man and i'd like some good for paine too. Roll on book three - read the authors blog where she says these books are harder to write and take longer than the erotic novels she also writes that are her bread and butter. i understand the need to go where the money is - families are costly and we all have to prioritse but this sereis is sooo fantastic i hope that something happens that means j a saare gets time and finance to devote to these books.
on 16 January 2013
I enjoyed reading the book, it was based on a clever concept which held my attention and invited me to want to discover more. I didn't find it too challenging, but not over simple, i read for escapism purposes, and it suited me. Tolkein would get a 5 star, this is in no way in a similar category, but did what i needed it to do.
on 10 August 2013
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and didn't hesitate to buy this. However there is a real dip in quality, IMHO. This reads like a rush job, no depth of character or subtlety. I have tried to read it twice now and given up both times. Shame.
on 17 June 2013
this book was well brilliant couldn't put it down great delivery very fast great seller will be using this site again thanks :)
on 5 March 2013
I brought this book on the chance it would be good to read and I was not disappointed. Excellant. Any more in the pipe line.
on 3 February 2015
This is the second book in the Rhannons Law series and things are certainly getting a lot more complcated for the necromancer heroine Rhiannon. Not only has she become part of a vampire household but she's also fallen in love with the head vampire Disco ,not that she intends telling him. To add insult to injury Zagan a powerful demon has persuaded her to deliver a message to Disco in exchange for cancelling out a debt owed . Never trust a demon they are tricky, conniving soulless tormentors but for Disco Rhiannon is prepared to take a chance and now she finds herself thrust forward in time by one hundred and one years ! A whole lot has changed and the human race has nearly been wiped out. Rhiannon discovers that a vaccine that went wrong means the vampires are very much incharge and there's a turf war going on. Rhiannon is unsure just who she can trust in this much altered reality but with the clock ticking she cannot afford to waste any time but the choices she makes are going to bring consequences that ripple through time !
I enjoy reading these books and it's an amazing world that the author has created. As a heroine Rhiannon is very resourceful and dare I say resilient? I'm not really sure that a human could really take the punishment that's frequently inflicted on her even with the regenerative properties of vampire blood but it's always fun to read. Believe me this book sees Rhiannon getting involved in all sorts of scrapes and if you enjoy action then this book delivers in spades . This author is probably better known for her more explicit books under the pen name Aline Hunter but there's one or two sexy scenes in this book and here's where I have a problem. Rhiannon seems to be so attractive to just about every guy she meets and frankly I find that a little odd. I would have preferred a little less of reading scenes with men going gaga over her and yes I can see that her strong personality would appeal to some men but equally her smart mouth would put many off ! I freely admit I personally find her snarky comments amusing and that girl has so many "laws"that there's always something new to smile at but nearly every man she meets wanting to jump into bed with her? No it just doesn't work for me particularly considering she's supposed to be in a relationship with Disco. Having said that I did enjoy this book and the author took the story in amazing directions that constantly surprised this reader.. I can't wait to read what happens next and think fans of urban fantasy will really enjoy this series
on 9 May 2012
Vampires,Werewolves & Demons what more can you pray for.Read Book 1 & could not wait to start this.Just one word "Brilliant"When Carter & his pack came head to head with Paine i was on the edge of my seat,screaming for Paine to rip Carter to shreds.I do like Gabriel though "Lovely".Cannot wait for book 3 The Ripple Effect.Rhiannon is my kind of character.Well Done JS please more.