on 24 June 2013
I am a huge fan of "The Shack" and having had a "Mack" experience myself (though thankfully not ending in mutilation and murder) I feel that in his criticisms of the book "The Shack" Randal Rauser may (or may not, I am not a Theologian) have made some relevent theological statements, but has completely over-looked the whole point of the book. Which is, as I see it, to present the GodHead in such a way as to tear down some religious or denominational misconceptions about the Holy Trinity in such a powerful and inspired way as to actually restore some of its readers faith in God, and understanding of how and why He acts the way he does. This is nothing short of miraculous, and has fully restored my relationship with God. And that of others wiith whom i have spoken.
I was originally lent a copy ten or so years after my "Missy" moment, and it undid all the damage caused by ten years of not undersanding why God allowed it to happen, and the subsequent stagnation of my relationship with Him.
If you have not read the Shack, READ IT NOW!!! If you have, find a better book appraising it than this.
How sad that Randal Rauser, a Man of God is, with his lukewarm anaysis of the "Shack" possibly denying needy people their restoration.
on 23 February 2015
I really enjoyed this study looking at the theology of the shack. I recommend it to proponents and antagonists of the shack alike.
on 28 January 2014
Interesting and thought provoking book, there is one to read before this in sequence called just 'The Shack' would recommend
on 3 December 2011
Very interesting and well written,it helped to give a better understanding of the book called 'The Shack'. and helped me theologically where the shack seemed a bit iffy.
on 10 August 2014
A great book, I must read for anyone interested in exploring the theology of The Shack.
on 17 November 2011
I almost gave up reading The Shack after the first two chapters but persevered and gradually found myself drawn deeper and deeper into the story. This to my mind is a wonderful story of the Trinity and has caused me to reexamine my faith. God is Spirit and reveals himself in any form. We must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
on 4 July 2014
As described and arrived within specified time.
on 8 November 2013
It has taken some time and equally reading it is the same. As the author has to refer back to the original consistently (for those who never read the shack I presume) it can be a little tedious but still worth the read.
on 6 June 2015
Very good
on 7 February 2013
Fantastic thought provoking. Lovely moving inspiring you must must read!!! Clever and well written. A book to keep and re-read all over again.