Customer reviews

The Mrs Club
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 January 2011
This book was about three silly women and their quest to maintain some sort of status in society. I knew the storyline was simplistic but I didn't expect the prose, etc to be so basic. There were some twists in the book but I just couldn't help feeling it was put together by a semi-literate bunch of non-literary people. It's the sort of book you'd read on the beach and leave behind for some unfortunate crab to pick up. I didn't finish reading it, I don't remember where I left it, and I don't care.
on 2 September 2010
I started off this book not knowing what to expect. first few pages, was wondering why i bought the book! i persisted and didn't drop to book except to tend to essential stuff. The result- read it in a day ! I haven't mused or laughed out so loud in a while. Couldn't stop myself. Also characters are believable and make you reflect on life. I will encoursge all to buy this book. Fantastic read!
on 10 December 2016
Well written , different and original. Not your typical Nigerian story but one that truly reflects the nigerian woman's mind.
on 23 September 2009
This book delivers all the essentials of an African romantic read, 3 best friends-check, 3 diff personalities-check, 3 diff leading men-check, but the best part is that they are relatable because they are all Nigerian. Its a great read, easy, funny and sweet. I finished it in a day, and I have recommended it to all my friends. Problem is I cannot find my copy because one of them has stolen it!!
on 18 August 2011
This is such a funny and "dirty" book. I can't wait to finish it and pass it on to my female friends....cos I see some of the characters in the book quite funny....I wish the book could be turned into a drama for TV or sumfink....I found myself saying "Oh dear" several times.....

Someone who has lived both home (Nigeria) and abroad will enjoy it....
on 8 October 2008
this book is funny, entertaining and real!Its a must read for all women..absolutely loved it!!!
on 28 January 2010
The author provided a really interesting Nigerian perspective of how relationships go - A REALLY GOOD READ!