on 4 March 2011
It's an inspring book, but I'm not sure that in itself it gives enough guidance as to how to achieve your orgasmic birth. However it makes for an interesting read and certainly changes your perspective on birth expectations. For decades we have been brain washed into thinking that birth is this horrific trauma, and hence we treat it as such and cascade it down through the generations. This book returns the nature back to child birth and the control to mothers to be. I don't fear the birth of my first child now as I had been trained to previously, I'm looking forward to it.
on 10 August 2011
I work in the field of gentle birthing and found this book to be an excellant source of information. It gave lot's of upto date information on birth care and support. It also has a strong women led approach to birth, giving pleanty of ideas for the type of birth to choose and how to approach it. I absolutely love this book, so don't be put off by the title!!!!It's worth reading even if you have already gone through child birth once and are on your second, or third or more!!!!Love the ethos behind it, very empowering!!!
on 26 December 2014
I have read at least 12 books on natural birth-related topics (which is most of the 'recommended' books you see below!).

But whenever I think of just ONE to recommend to another woman whose mind I want to blow with a new perspective, it is usually THIS one!
It's a firm favourite along with 'Ina May's Guide to Childbirth'. It's more than a book. It's a window onto a whole new world, a new language of talking about birth that you simply don't get in all the medical week-by-week mainstream literature.

The stories/testimonials from women in there are just phenomenal and stuck in my mind, like 'natural birth can have the effect of 7 years' meditation on the body'... these quotes are more powerful than medical pain relief.
For me, reading books like this deeply carved a new perspective on birth that paved the way to my own smooth first birth at home - and has adjusted my attitude to the whole of life itself.

(Note - When I recommend this book to others, I do get a bit coy about the title, because I understand it can be quite 'in your face' for people, and I worry that they might not take it seriously. Sometimes I wish it were called something like 'Holistic Pregnancy' instead, as that would effectively reflect its contents.)

Incredible book!
on 24 October 2014
An extremely informative book that should be read by all mums, dads and midwives! Very helpful in explaining the bodies natural ability to deal with labour and how too much medical intervention can hinder the bodies ability to birth a baby. I am so glad I have read this book, don't be put off by the word 'Orgasmic' it doesn't necessarily mean something sexual (but absolutely can!) think 'gentle' birthing or 'relaxed' birthing. Invaluable information by far the most helpful pregnancy book I have read and has given me the confidence in my bodies ability to welcome my baby into the world . Do check out the documentary on youtube too.
on 13 June 2015
It's a wonderful and a very inspiring book. I would like to recommend to every woman who wants to be well prepare for her birth.
on 18 December 2014
Really good read to help put you in a positive mindset for giving birth.