on 15 May 2017
I'm half way through and can't put this down!
Very interesting.... will be putting the recommendations into place!
on 18 August 2017
This book arrived as stated, but was covered with red pen marks throughout the book.
on 25 May 2006
I think this book is not as bad as some portray it. Some of the reviews here are on the edge of being hateful, and I think it's wrong. A review should be about the contents of the book, not about the way one feels about the author. I bought the book and I did find some useful info about alternative medicine. There is also lots of insight about the way big money influences the decision making of FDA. Just for that the book deserves three stars...

Having said all that, I must admit that I have expected much more from "Natural Cures". No doubt Kevin Trudeau is a good promoter. He is so convincing in his infomercials that it is really hard not to buy the products he advertises. However, the book does not deliver everything what one would expect to get judging by the title and the infomercial.

Supposedly I would get a lot more at the authors' website. He constantly refers to his website where one supposedly would get full explanation for various topics. The only problem is that no one can get any explanation free of charge. Once I landed at the website, I realized that there is nothing that you could learn unless you come up with some kind of a payment!

I was inclined to pay the website membership fee but first I went back to Amazon to read more reviews. Based on many warnings in the reviews, I decided not to pay. Instead I followed a link to a book titled "Cure the Incurable" This book in not only cheaper, but it also contains a whole wealth of complete information that I expected to find in "Natural Cures..." but never did. The only problem with this book is that the author, dr. Tombak, often refers to the earlier published title on the assumption that the reader is already familiar with his first book. Therefore it is a better idea to first read the bestseller "Can We Live 150?"

I did not return Kevin's book but if I were as well informed as I am now, I would not have bought it. I ended up buying two books, while all I really needed is to buy the second one (Cure the Incurable).

So folks, learn from my mistake and read the reviews first before buying a book. After you read a number of reviews, you will be able to make the right decision, even though some of the reviews might be inappropriate.
on 25 July 2005
Generally an author's personal history is irrelevant to a book, presuming the book to be well written and informed. But in this case, that history is essential.
The name "Kevin Trudeau" is probably unfamiliar for most UK readers. Mr Trudeau presented (and owned) two infomercial channels on satellite TV called "Shop America" and a sister channel called "You TV" and did likewise in the US. These infomercials hawked a range of products for improving your golf, your memory, your looks and your health. Most of the claims were harmless (if misleading) but some were downright dangerous. In particular, he sold a line of expensive chalk pills called "Coral Calcium" that he claimed reversed cancer and other life threatening diseases.
The claims were sufficiently misleading (especially those for Coral Calcium) that UK Advertising Standards Authority slapped the channels with £100,000 in fines. But it was nothing compared to what happened to him in the US. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) prosecuted and fined him for a whopping $2 million dollars for hawking Coral Calcium and banned him for life from selling similar products on TV again. This is not the first time he has been in trouble with the FTC or the law either. Past charges levelled against him include credit card fraud, running illegal pyramid schemes, misrepresentation to stockholders and more.. He even served 2 years in prison for passing dud checks while posing as a doctor.
Which brings us to this book. Mr Trudeau is not a doctor, dietician, nutritionist or in any way qualified to offer any kind of medical advice and it shows on every page. He is a salesman with an extremely shady record of using half truths and downright lies to hawk his products.
This book is pitched to play on a "us" and "them" - the FDA and the drug companies who are "conspiring" to keep people sick and to hide cures that work - and Mr Trudeau as a Ralph Nader-esque consumer advocate fighting for "us". In reality Mr Trudeau is what he is, and this book serves as little more than a rant against the FTC and FDA, some common sense advice, a whole bunch of baloney about blood acidity levels and other pseudoscience, and as an extended infomercial for his website. Yes, its an infomercial in book form. It frequently refers you to his site for more info where you'll discover you must pay anything from $10 per month or $500 for "lifetime membership" to see what it says. Judging by this book, the chances are that you'll pay your membership to discover it filled with more nonsense and perhaps even more expensive ways to part with your money.
So in summary take the claims made for this book with a massive grain of salt. Take a time to look through the US Amazon's reviews for this book if you think I'm exaggerating - there are literally hundreds of outraged reviewers to give you a fair impression of this book.
33 Comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
HALL OF FAMEon 14 March 2005
Kevin Trudeau is a good writer, and a good promoter. I am not the sort of person who tends to go to the doctor much, so I am always interested in natural cures and things that I can do for myself, such as diet and exercise-based ideas. I was hopeful that I would find such information here in Trudeau's book.
Trudeau does give some useful information about food products, drugs and pharmaceuticals, but much is left in the realm of fuzzy description, and the more full description requires payment or subscription. Trudeau does talk a lot about the bureaucracy of the Food and Drug Administration as well as the Federal Trade Commission, but one has to wonder how things he claims cannot be published in a book form can be publically accessible on a website and not suffer the same kind of legal liability.
If you are interested in the data about the FTC and FDA, this is worthwhile in some respects. However, I must confess that I was disappointed that I did not get the kinds of directly applicable ideas for healthy living that I had hoped for from this book.
on 7 October 2005
The book is everything else but what one would expect to get judging by the title and the infomercial. Kevin Trudeau constantly refers to his website where one supposedly would get full explanation for various topics. The only problem is that no one can get any explanation free of charge. Once you land at the website, you will realize that there is almost nothing that you could learn unless you come up with some kind of payment!
Otherwise the book has some valid (and valuable) information. However, there are many other books at the market that discuss natural cures, stress reduction methods, proper nutrition, proper breathing techniques, yoga, etc. They are often not only much more informative but at the same also cheaper. Just look around Amazon and you will find them. I find the best alternative to "Natural Cures" are books by Tombak such as "Cure the Incurable" or "Can We Live 150" . They are absolutely noncommercial and full of useful info. In addition, their website - StartHealthyLife - is not only free of any charges but also provides some free ebooks on simmilar topics.
on 25 June 2013
CANCER is curable NOW (OFFICIAL TRAILER) copy and paist that into youtube and watch.

Then do the same with -
War on Health 'Gary Null's documentary - exposing the FDA.

Then watch the Canadian research into hemp oil -
Hemp Oil : The Hidden Cure for Cancer | The Rick Simpson Story.

Then read about Dr Johannah Budwig and her 93% success rate with termina; cancer patients.

Then read about leatril (vitamin B17) and bitter apricot kernals.

Read about Hydrogen peroxide.

Read and watch everything about 'Black Salve' killing melanoma in days. Banned by the FDA

Watch the natural cancer cures and testamonies on youtube.

Dr Say's Chemotherapy is a Waste of Money -- youtube.

Read about iodine deficiency, the magnesium miracle. When they spray your crops they put NItrogen Phosphorus and Potassium on them, that's the fertalizer. We need around 24 minerals to live healthy. Then they spray it with insectacide and fungacide then boil it process it, mix it with deadly transfats, pump it full of preservatives and a cocktail of other flavour enhancing chemicals, then put in the salt, fat and sugar, voila.. see you in hospital for the next step.

Read Jim Marrs book - The trillion dollar conspiracy (New York Times best selling author and journalist)

It seems Kevin Trudeau is daring to chase the billionaires and reaping the consequenses. Join the chase.
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2013
We suffer because of lack of knowledge. if we read more, learn more, and take action we can live in a better place.
I confirm that this book is a great source of information, and Kevis is realy corageous. I have notice the changes in my life after starting reading this book.
on 1 June 2005
The title sounded almost too good to be true and having seen the author speak so convincingly on American T.V. about cures for numerous 'incurable' conditions -including cancer, I certainly felt it was certainly worth a try. (I myself had a stroke 12 years ago at 28).
Mr. Trudeau is obviously a highly intelligent man who is undoubtedly to be commended for his detailed research and exposure of the corruption at the heart of the FTC and FDA and a United States government which probably is indeed guilty of aiding and abetting suppression of information and cures, for it's own financial motives.
The question that now troubles me however, is whether the author himself is any more genuine than the very bodies he criticises. For one thing, the book title is entirely misleading. It does not provide any cures for illness whatsoever, but for the most part is just a rant against the medical profession and complicit parties. It's not that I don't find the subject interesting, but had I known that this was to be a political dossier I would have saved my money and given it a miss. Personally, I prefer to see such subjects covered in newspaper features or T.V. documentaries. To make matters worse, I later learn that if I really want to know about the cures discussed, I'm expected to subscribe to Mr. Trudeau's fee paying website!
To offer hope to the afflicted, first in the form of a pricey hardback, (when many like myself are of limited means for health reasons) and then expect them to pay more still, seems pretty low.
In fairness, there were some useful tips along the way, mainly of a preventative nature and a whole chapter dedicated to losing weight (but as I have been a consistent size 10 since the age of 13 this hardly applies to me). There were also numerous recommendations of further books by different authors which Mr. Trudeau quotes to back up his claims, but this too seems to be cheating. Very expensive and/or time consuming.
Please Mr. Trudeau, why don't you rename your book in favour of something more honest and appropriate, suggestion- "The Great Medical Conspiracy"? Or many like myself will feel very let down.
33 Comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2010
Says a lot, but really doesn't say too much. If you are interested in the subject you will have read about much of what is printed rather more concisely in other books. OK if you come across the topic first time.