on 30 May 2012
I had previously read 'women who run with wolves' and enjoyed it and was not disappointed by this latest book. If anything i find it slightly more accessible. I am halfway through it and try much enjoying it. An interesting and thoughtful look into the 'Goddess' archetype.
on 8 April 2014
I am an avid fan of Clarissa Pinkola's work and writings. However, I was mildly disappointed with this book. Objectively, it is a thick, beautifully illustrated brick of a book and it does look very presentable on a shelf. It contains numerous stories on strong woman - mother of God, in the Latin American cultural light, some experienced personally by the author, some collected by her. Very interesting read, while I was expecting something more similar to her iconic ''Women who run with the wolves'' - a more meta-literary and meta-discipline view on the topic.
on 19 July 2015
Not sure what I was expecting but found this a little surprising. It's an excellent book but I must admit to finding it a bit too Catholic for my taste. I don't think that's the intention, just my prejudice. As always, there's a lot to mull over and a lot to absorb. Each of CPE's books is a gift to woman-kind and deserves to be given the fullest attention.
on 28 July 2014
I read and loved many other books from Clarissa Pinkola Estes. But this one was kind of disappointing... Too much pain and suffering, too many war stories and too many religious symbols for my taste...
on 2 March 2016
a bit disappointing, nothing like Women Who Run with Wolves
on 29 April 2013
Ever since "Women who run with the wolves" I have wanted to read more from this author. It is SO good, enriching, affirming, instructive, healing. Thank you to Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
on 7 April 2013
A very profound and well written book filled with treasures. What else would we get from our beloved Dr Estes? She once again leads us by the hand to unlock our womanly power and potential. A brilliant read, for all who know how transformative her words can be.
on 17 November 2013
to all women please read the book and read it with your daughters and discuss it enhance the power of your life.
on 21 September 2016
Dr Estes hits the mark on this amazing book about the Great Mother. I feel uplifted by the stories and historical references that have given me new insight in to this wonderful world of the Blessed Mother's place in all cultures around the globe.
on 2 March 2015
absolutely brilliant book that you can dip into time and time again and find something new with each reading.