Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 August 2008
Andrew Murray writing and preaching in the 19th century has up-to-the minute encouragement for Christians in 2008. I first read this book in 1968 and am returning to look again, in my later life, at the deep unchanging truths expounded by Murray. I am not disappointed and revel in the jewels set out in Murray's lucid expositions. He has spirit-given perceptions, drawing our inner spirits to a place of wonder, awe and praise.
on 27 December 2012
I bought three of these to give away because I have read it over and over as a daily devotional and have been so blessed, There are no Andrew Murrays these days unfortunately, he was a unique man of God, his writings draw you into a closer walk with the Lord.
on 7 June 2014
This is an excellent book. I bought it after seeing it mentioned in a review of another book I had bought. I had never really understood what waiting on God meant until reading this. It has given me such peace as some difficult decisions need to be made in my life..
on 2 October 2015
A forgotten aspect in current Christianity is how we wait on God - what is involved, how we do it, what is achieved and what does it do for us and for the Lord. Anything by Andrew Murray is worth having and to invest in.
on 16 February 2014
Andrew Murray doesn't let you down his writing always draws you to a desire to seek to know more of all He has to offer not only in 'doing' but especially in waiting on Him and for Him. Read it again and again.
on 2 November 2014
Although I found this book helpful and inspiring on occasions it was difficult to understand in places because the English hadn't been updated. Andrew Murray is a gifted Christian writer and has a lot to say about the importance of waiting on God!
on 15 July 2016
In this classic work, written in 1896 and since then seldom if ever out of print, Andrew Murray takes the reader through 31 daily readings from both testaments about waiting on God – the Bible’s name for contemplative prayer – showing how this settled attitude of inner listening constitutes the heart of the Christian life. When I first read it over 40 years ago it taught me what is still almost the only thing I really know about prayer, which is that PRAYER TAKES TIME. Rereading it recently I found it just as fresh and uplifting as I did then. If you only ever read one book on the subject, this should be it.
on 5 December 2013
I highly recommend it - but anyone who knows of Andrew Murray would not be surprised.

I'd had some particularly shocking news and just could not find peace, no matter that I did all that I know to do that has worked before, and yet how wonderfully it came flooding through this work - hallelujah!
on 23 May 2016
Awesome book about a subject very few Christians know and practice today. This is the main reason most Christians don't fulfill God's destiny.
Waiting on God prepares you for service to God, it also sustains you during hardship/persecution etc. Because you have heard from God and you know you are in His perfect will, you will continue to stand and trust the God that began a good work in you to carry you through.
on 9 June 2013
My friend recommended this to me and I am glad she did. It's a great book. Just take it a chapter a day.