Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon 8 August 2011
This book is lovingly put togethwr. Even the silver embossed cover and forward from his Granddaughter shows how much effort has gone into making this special.
This is a collection of his sermons as recorded by Smith's stenographers in shorthand. So it includes phrases like 'Let us turn to' and moments of song.
As with anything Wigglesworth related, it is dripping in revelation. Amazing too as the sermons are usually only 2-3 pages each, so could probably be spoken in under 8mins, a big difference to the dry hour long sermons we are used to. I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised though, as Smith was all about showing the power of the Spirit and Word.
If you want some serious food for thought in very digestable segments, this is it.
on 30 May 2009
This is a great and comprehensive collection of inciteful and relevant sermons, and articles. A must have for those seeking revival in the 21st Century and those interested in revival and spiritual history.
on 7 January 2012
The life changing Holy Spirit filled sermons of a great servant of God. Its a must read for everybody. Smith wigglesworth was a man who lived the word of God as he preached it and many signs and wonders followed. The fact that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life is so well entrenched in this book and you can feel the anointing of God as you read it.
on 25 February 2016
First I ordered this book as a birthday gift but I bought a copy for myself. I am really enjoying to read Smith Wigglesworth's teaching in his original language because earlier I read only translated (Hungarian) versions. I am feel the anointing in his speech! I can suggest this book to everyone!
Who knows why these things happen? I actually bought this in a church, and it has sat on my shelf waiting for me to get to it. I have such a huge backlog of reading to do that I just hadn't got round to Smith Wigglesworth's book yet. I promised Mum I'd send my copy to her, but now, I'm reading it. I need a second copy. She must have it to read as well!

Having read the first sermon just now, I ache with sadness. Who would come to someone to anoint them with oil as described in James 5:14-15 when the place I was going to didn't like that I needed my wheelchair to get about? In the end, I had to leave. So where was Christ in that situation? It wasn't HIS fault, there was just no love being shown. No compassion. Only rules.

If the church is going to have the very thing that's talked about here, they first have to accept that there are those who are weak in body. We all also have to behave as the early church did in Acts. Without that, revival is going to continue to be an empty hope. We need repentance and faith. Repentance comes first. This is a beautiful book showing a beautiful faith. Let's get it back; doing the things that are written in Scripture.

The Book of James should be a required daily reading! And as for this precious tome, I know Mum will love it as I do.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2013
Great book love it. Obviously wordy; all of his sermons. Enjoyable, challenging, readable. probably not the right book if you want a detailed chronological life story. Very inspiring; he certainly had some "unusual" ways of praying for folk.
on 24 August 2013
I first read this book when I was staying over at a friends house. I then bought myself one within the next week because it felt better and more personal to have my own copy. It's been a great read so far, Smith Wigglesworth's preaching are so powerful and convicting and at the same time encouraging and uplifting. It's definitely a book worth having in your collection of books.
on 18 August 2012
An interesting read, inspiring one's faith, but the old fashioned style of expression takes some getting used to. I would have liked to have met the man so that I could study 'him' as well as hearing what he said.
on 20 October 2013
My view is this is a book for those who want to hear and move on with God . Some of the words and phrases he uses may seem strange to our modern language, but the messages , and teachings are straight to the point and are still as inspiring and challenging as when he shared them all those years ago.
on 7 June 2014
only about 1/3 of the way through, having read several other of his books, but this is just dripping with revelation - you will not regret reading this