Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 April 2010
I hear tell of a 4th book, THANK GOD.
The story is very exciting in this third in the series, I'd never hesitate to recommend to anyone considering buying.
What a cliff hanger...........
on 26 February 2010
Dear Ms Crow, We want more!
An absolutely fantastic series, filled with intrigue, angst and more romance than you can throw Jennifer Aniston at. There were publishing errors granted - missed words, poor grammar, however it did not detract from the story as a whole and I barely noticed as I was so enthralled in Scarlet and Liall's story.

Hopefully one day Ms Crow will return to the series. *cross fingers*
on 16 September 2011
I cannot say how happy I was to read this trilogy. I've just finished part 3 and it left me, as reading each of the 3 books did, happy and breathless at the same time. Happy that the two characters are together; breathless with admiration at the writing.
The creation of Scarlet's and Liall's world is compelling. The character-building - of all of them, but especially Scarlet and Liall - is consummate, each one of them is an individual and believable. Even the rotten ones seem vivid without being overdone.
The two main characters are great. You really start to care for them straight after you meet them. Especially Scarlet, who is the first we encounter and an immediately likeable young person, one you want to see happy at all costs.
But of course, it isn't simple for him. Else why write 3 books? No, Scarlet has a long road towards understanding his world and his place in it. So, too, does Liall. Though for him his self-knowledge seems initially more complete, if only because he's older. Or is it?
I really wanted to see these two happy and together. But not just by ignoring the problems in their world and the issues they carried because of them, but having resolved it all. And I am happy to say Ms. Crow delivers. There is room to read further about these two, however, and I do hope she plans to write more, because I would love to meet them again in future books.
Kirby Crow's writing is lyrical. It flows. The chapters fly by and the books have to be finished quickly, leaving the reader hungry for more. This is the best kind of writing, then.
A couple of niggling points slightly annoyed me and I feel shamefaced to mention them, though in the interest of being totally honest in this review, I will. Firstly, many of the names are very difficult to read and almost impossible to imagine spoken. I appreciate this is an alternate world with alternate languages, but I think that could have been shown while still making the names readable. My pet peeve was Rshan and Rshani. Perhaps a pronunciation guide somewhere, either at the start of the book or the chapter where the name first appears, though that might spoil the great flow. Secondly, the substitution of a few words - 'che' for tea seemed contrived and I was never sure how that one should sound either. Tea as a word for an infusion is universally understood and it seems odd to change it for a word so similar. And 'ser' for something like sir likewise; a completely different word would have worked better here.
But oh! Those are such minor niggles and now I feel bad for mentioning them! In no way should they make you hesitate in buying the trilogy. BUY IT NOW. Such good writing deserves to be rewarded by good sales and a 5-star review.
I hope you're writing more right now, Ms. Crow, whether it's about Scarlet and his White Wolf or new characters, I don't mind, as long as you are writing. I can't wait for your next novel.
on 3 September 2011
A great finale to an intriguing story providing a satisfying ending. It won't leave you wanting. As with all the others in the series, though, it suffers from bad copy editting. If you can get past this it is a story well worth a read.
on 28 August 2016
Loved this series with all my heart. Highly recommended