on 27 January 2016
I bought this book to brush up on knitting in the round. And this is undoubtedly a great book to have in your craft library if you want to extend your knitting prowess and master the art of circular knitting on various kinds of needles. There is no doubt about it being an excellent book in terms of the breadth of advice and the quality of instruction. But I can't help wishing the book had excited me more in terms of its design and layout, the colours used and the projects included. I found most of the projects dull and uninspiring and really wouldn't want to make any of them. But having said that, it does guide you through a wealth of techniques to explore which will, eventually, give you the skills you need to make your own designs. With a bit of imagination you can create some beautiful things with circular knitting. I just wish the book had showcased some 'wow factor' stuff in a gallery, perhaps, or something similar, to spur me onward.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 February 2017
If you've never tried knitting on circular needles, this book will be helpful for you. However, if, like me, you've been doing this for years, there may be little in it that is new to you. There are lots of little min-projects which you could try in order to test out techniques, but these are mainly for useless little objects that I would never bother to knit.
on 20 November 2017
Great book, for those wanting clear instructions of circular knitting. ideal for those with basic knitting knowledge, who are wanting to learn how to knit In the round, knit socks, hats, mittens, jumpers, all the basics are there to get you started. Giving you the confidence to move onto more advanced circular knitting (Also includes toe up and cuff down sock info)
on 17 December 2014
This is my second purchase of this book! This one is for my niece as her knitting in progressing. Its not a pattern book, although there are patterns for a hat, socks and a general guide to top down jumpers which is good. The explanation of the Kitchener stitch is very good and easy to follow. The cast on instructions are good. Basically its the best book for knitting in the round. I keep going back to it again and again. I hate knitting on straight pins now!
on 18 April 2013
There is no doubt that this is an extremely comprehensive book, packed full of illustrations. I have rated it three stars because it claims to be for all levels of knitting but this is a book for knitters with some experience of knitting in the round. I couldn't even learn how to cast on to DPN from this book. I had hoped that the book would help me to start circular knitting but it is far too advanced for me. I rarely return books but I returned this one because I know I will never use it.
5 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2018
Have just started it and it gives really detailed instructions. Think it is going to be a great investment.
on 19 February 2018
Fantastic Book. So informative. I always use a circular needle but for back and forth knitting. I can't wait to starting to knit in the round. This is simply written with illustrations that are clear to follow.
on 23 July 2016
Very clear instructions and photos. This is one to get my head round, so when I have time and patience, I will conquer the art of knitting fiddly objects in the round. Good if you prefer to learn through books rather than classes.
on 3 August 2013
I knit. I can even knit well. I have knitted lots of things in my life but I have never really taken on circular knitting. The concept doesn't escape me - I knit socks so I understand knitting in rounds - however, there is more to circular knitting than that.

I can recommend this book as the one to go to to help you get to grips with circular knitting. Lots of instructions that are easy to follow, lots of pictures (I am very much a visual learner) and lots of patterns to try out.

Excellent book and highly recommended.
on 19 January 2014
This book is suitable for all levels of knitters, even those who have done little or no knitting on circular needles. Visually this is nicely put together, with good photographs and diagrames. The layout allows you to work through the book covering fairly basic and simply things, right through to more advanced sweaters. It also gives ideas, and shows how you can be creative with colours and patterns. I like this book, and feel you gat value for money at it's most price.