Customer reviews

on 25 September 2012
I got this book because although an experienced knitter, I had only 1 or 2 types of casting on and off in my repertoire. I do a lot of seamless & Top-down knitting, & the methods I was taught when learning the basics just can't be adapted to suit. This little book has a great range of different methods of each, well illustrated, with handy tips on which is appropriate for different projects, and pluses and minuses of each. My only gripe is in the layout which should be revised for reprints - many of the methods' detailed instructions and photos span 2 pages - surely they could have been laid out to both be visible at the same time? A lot of them need you to turn the page half way through - not easy if you're learning a new method and are holding 2 strands of wool and 5 needles! Other than that it's one of the best books I've got & I'm enjoying trying lots of new methods that are improving the starting/finishing of my projects.
11 Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2015
This will remain on my iPad and iPhone in the kindle apps and so always be with me. I knew a lot of these techniques before reading the book but have learned a couple!
on 19 March 2017
Lovely resource to have on hand.
on 19 March 2017
I am an experienced knitter having been knitting for nearly 40 years and I didn't know there were so many cast on and cast offs.a useful little book and being spiral bound makes it easy to lay down to follow.
on 8 March 2016
Oh gosh, who knew that there were so many options 😳 My knitting has improved A LOT
on 16 July 2017
Easy to read and to keep, love the pictures which you can follow step by step. Recommend this easy to a friend.
on 21 April 2017
life saver, good book, well packaged and prompt delivery
on 8 August 2015
Bought as a present
on 16 May 2017
A very handy book to add to my collection
on 29 April 2017
Very useful for an aged knitter used to more traditional methods !!