Customer reviews

on 19 March 2017
Lovely resource to have on hand.
on 8 March 2016
Oh gosh, who knew that there were so many options 😳 My knitting has improved A LOT
on 21 April 2017
life saver, good book, well packaged and prompt delivery
on 16 May 2017
A very handy book to add to my collection
on 5 April 2017
Excellent book at an excellent price, quick delivery too.
on 25 September 2012
I got this book because although an experienced knitter, I had only 1 or 2 types of casting on and off in my repertoire. I do a lot of seamless & Top-down knitting, & the methods I was taught when learning the basics just can't be adapted to suit. This little book has a great range of different methods of each, well illustrated, with handy tips on which is appropriate for different projects, and pluses and minuses of each. My only gripe is in the layout which should be revised for reprints - many of the methods' detailed instructions and photos span 2 pages - surely they could have been laid out to both be visible at the same time? A lot of them need you to turn the page half way through - not easy if you're learning a new method and are holding 2 strands of wool and 5 needles! Other than that it's one of the best books I've got & I'm enjoying trying lots of new methods that are improving the starting/finishing of my projects.
11 Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 September 2012
I ordered this book because I was interested to know about different ways of casting on and off. However, I would warn future buyers that you really need to be an experienced knitter as some of the methods are quite difficult to master. It's all a matter of practising I would think. Although I am a very experienced knitter I found some of the methods quite difficult though I haven't tried them all yet. If you want something a little bit different then this is a really good book from which to learn. One bonus is that it is spiral bound so lies flat making it much easier to use. I would recommend this book and am glad I ordered it.
on 20 March 2017
Clear, well laid out book. Very readable. I was stuck using the cast on and cast off I had learned years ago. Now I can make an educated choice of the best one thing use for any particular purpose. Loving it!
on 9 October 2012
The small physical size (6" x 7") with spiral binding means that this book will be easy to keep with any knitting project. It has good clear photos of the various methods of casting on and casting off (or binding off as it's American) and lovely little sketches suggesting when to use the different techniques. The only gripe I have is that the two photos on page 15 which illustrate 'knitwise' and 'purlwise' are printed back to front / mirror imaged and so look very odd. This could be very confusing to a beginner although it's not really a beginner's book.
on 29 September 2012
This an excellent book and a real must for anyone who not only enjoys their knitting but wants to get past just the basics. The book is clearly written with good instructions, illustrations and when the technique is a good choice to use in a particular project. I class myself as a good knitter and had probably four to six cast ons that I use often. This book gave me so many more possibilities that I feel really enthused about my next cast on. A really good choice for Christmas for the knitter in your family