Customer reviews

on 8 June 2014
You'll find yourself returning to this handy book every time you start (or start to finish) a project - knitted or crochet'd. The examples are versatile & easy to understand with both comprehensive written step by step instructions & the visual crochet code. I know it's only borders but I find this book more useful than many of the other books I have & use it to adapt a project with one of these gorgeous borders instead.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 May 2017
Written in US terms but if you are a seasoned crocheter that will not present too much of a problem. Lots of interesting techniques and beautiful illustrations. I am not sure if I will use the more intricate edgings but it gives me great ideas and a chance to stretch my knowledge.
on 29 October 2015
This book was recommended by a crochet blogger. It is excellet because it explains how to get your borders to turn at right angles, which many patterns/books don't do. It has los of borders to choose from, from quite simple to more fancy ones. It is written in American terms but it does have a conversion table to show UK equivalents - if you can get your head round this, it's well worth getting. The book itself is a very handy size too.
One person found this helpful
on 17 May 2011
Another excellent little book full of ideas and information. Although you need to remember the American stitch names are not the same as English. Lovely clear photographs of all the stitches and loads of ideas for borders both straight and around corners. Easy graphs and written instructions to follow and very well explained. A good book for anyones crochet library.
13 people found this helpful
on 3 December 2017
Absolutely lively little book. Packed with beautiful borders - lovely to look at even if you're not needing a pattern right now. Clear photos and patterns. Don't think I'll ever need another book on borders!
on 14 October 2016
Bought this item for myself. I am new to crochet and purchased to add borders to blankets on the recommendation of others. I have had a quick glance and the illustrations and instructions appear to be very clear. I received the book well packaged and almost by return of post, well before recommended received date.
on 2 May 2012
Around the Corner Crochet Borders This is a lovely little book. Although the crochet terms are American, there is a chart inside the book which converts terms to British. Ideal for adding edges/borders to anything, not only knitteds and crochets. Brilliant ideas and easy to follow instructions, also included are charts. The Indexes at the back are very comprehensive. Fab diagrams and photos. Take a deep breath, you can really do it!
3 people found this helpful
on 30 May 2017
Gorgeous book well written but in American terms. Lots of lovely ideas for beautiful borders. Written patterns as well as charts. This is a really useful addition to my crochet books. Recommended.
on 30 July 2015
This would make a lovely addition to your crochet book collection. I first saw this on The Crochet Crowd whilst making the Crochet Along Mystery Afghan and liked the borders so much I had to buy the book. There are plenty of interesting and unusual border ideas in this book all accompanied by clear instructions and colourful pictures.
on 20 January 2014
I love this book. Have now got it on my kindle and goes everywhere with me.
The instructions and diagrams are clear. The finished edgings are shown without the garments/blankets which makes it easier to choose a design.
I find that instead of looking for a border to complete a blanket I am now looking for blankets to go with these beautiful edgings.
Edie Eckman has a wealth of crochet talent and after browsing this book I joined her Craftsy Class on joining crochet squares.
This is one book that will not gather dust.
2 people found this helpful