on 13 March 2015
I have been sewing clothes for over 30 years. However, now that I'm of a certain age and my body shape is not what it was in the years BC (before children), I have had real problems fitting for myself, especially where compound alterations were necessary.
I love this book, I have overcome some of the fitting problems I had. There is always something new to learn in sewing and there is always someone who may do things differently, which can save time and effort. I will make use of this book often and refer to it frequently.
The only reason I did not give it a 5 star review is that I simply do not like the way it is bound. This is a reference book, it will be opened and closed a lot. I don't think the binding will stand up to that kind of frequent use. Spiral binding would have been better to allow the pages to lay flat.
A particular delight to me was the section on drafting, I had been having fits trying to work this out from another book, I had my first trouser block drafted in about an hour. This was a real bonus.
As other reviewers have said, if you subscribe to threads you probably have read all of this book, I don't and although I have come across one or two articles online, this is a book worth having - no matter what your skill level.
5 people found this helpful
on 6 January 2015
Arrived on time for Christmas gift. Book as expected from the Threads team. This book contains articles that have featured in the magazine but rather than rummaging through back issues it is now easier to just select from the book as all the articles are in one place.
One person found this helpful
on 1 April 2015
there are better book out there
Sandra Betzina Fast Fit is so much better
on 21 May 2013
This is a very good book but if you have the Threads magazines (which I do) then this book repeats all of the tips.
3 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2014
ok
on 1 October 2016
This is a really excellent book. I've been dressmaking for many decades and bought the book as a present for someone who is learning skill, it covers all the key aspects of fitting and more, the information is clear to read and understand, the photos and drawings are really good, I can't recommend this book highly enough.
on 19 January 2013
The book was as expected from such a reputable dressmaking source as Threads. The articles are very helpful and well illustrated. The customer service and deliver were very good.
3 people found this helpful