Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

on 19 March 2016
My daughter has this and rates it highly so when recently needing a present for a relative we ordered this again. The good news is that the book content remains the same, the bad is that the publishers seem to have abandoned any kind of print quality control. The first copy was not the highest achievement in book printing but was acceptable, the more recent copy appears to be printed on rice paper. Additional there is a major difference in the colour balance which impacts heavily upon the art works. I find it hard to believe that anyone would bother to counterfeit the book so assume it was intended this way.
on 30 May 2014
There are several good reviews so I will sum this up:

Pros: Beautifully illustrated,
thoroughly detailed
step by step instructions

Cons: a bit expensive
book paper feels a bit 'thin' (I suspect this is due to the massive amounts of colour printing required for such a book)

All in all I'd get it if you want to draw anything fantasy-esqe
on 21 September 2013
I have both of Stephanie Law books and this second one is delightful as her first.

Lots of ideas and information and lots of techniques she takes you through each of the paintings and how she created them; although I would not necessarily recommend for a complete beginner as a first book as could appear somewhat daunting, however the book is so beautiful and I adore her work, the paintings have a delicacy about them few achieve and are certainly something to aspire to and I love it, so would highly recommend.
on 7 March 2017
Beautiful Book, great information and very inspiring!

Can't wait to get started!
on 12 August 2013
I love the books of stephanie Pui M L. This is my second book of this artist, it's very well done and full of inspiration. She teach very well the tecnique of watercolors, and gives many advices about how to create fantasy creatures. Rich and full of wonderful examples, I recommend this book.
on 7 January 2013
just what I needed to help me improve my drawing and painting of mythical creatures. Some great tips,good techniques and the pages really encourage you to try something a little different. Well worth it and a great addition to any collection for drawing and painting enthusiasts
on 15 October 2014
I have been looking for this book for years! At last, someone describes in careful detail how to actually achieve those wonderful swirly effects in the background. This book is superb, and I love it!
on 17 November 2014
This book is full of amazing pictures which are inspiring. Lots of interest here if you're illustrating a story or simply just want to look at the pictures.
on 29 March 2013
I have purchased all three of the books in this series. They are quite magical and a wonderful source of inspiration. Even if you don't paint or draw yourself, they are wonderful to look at.
on 4 August 2016
Tried different tutorials --not easy to incorporate Stephanie's style into your own work as she is very unique -so it would be very easy to "copy" her -for this reason I don't find it good .